The Lesotho Communications Authority (LCA) invites applications from suitably qualified local candidates for the position of Chief Economic Affairs Officer. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer of the Lesotho Communications Authority.
Develops and coordinates the overall strategic plan of the Authority. In addition, addresses economic aspects of communications regulation geared to facilitating access in terms of both service availability and affordability. This entails management of competition, regulating wholesale and retail tariffs and ensuring availability of timely and relevant market and economic information for the sector. Provide overall supervision, leadership, motivation, and management of the division whilst also providing policy and strategic support to Executive Management and Board of the Authority.
The position is for a fixed term of five (5) years.
Masters Degree in Economics or equivalent. A qualification or exposure in competition management will be an added advantage.
Minimum of 10 years’ experience in relevant areas.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Fluent in written and spoken English and Sesotho;
• Highly disciplined with demonstrated focus on results;
• Leadership and Management Skills;
• Ability to build consensus and relationships among stakeholders;
• Knowledge of communications sector regulations and/or other utilities;
• Capable of contributing innovative ideas and use constructive criticism where necessary as a team player;
• Good report writing, project management and research skills.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
LCA offers an attractive market-related remuneration package commensurate with experience for this position.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications from suitably qualified candidates accompanied by a detailed CV, certified copies of relevant certificates and names and contact details of three references should be submitted to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Lesotho Communications Authority
30 Princess Margaret Road
By e-mail to: [email protected]
DEADLINE: The deadline for submission of applications is on or before 2 December 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.