Chief Accountant-Ref: CA (Five (5) years fixed contract)
The Chief Accountant will report to the Director of Finance, managing and directing of Accounts Division to realize its goals.
Areas of Responsibility include:
• Ensure that the Bank maintains proper books of accounts.
• Ensure that the Bank’s reports are in line with the Central Bank Act 2000, IAS and IFRS.
• Coordinates and ensures that all the accounts held within different systems of the Bank talk to each other and records in them reconcile.
Candidate will have to:
• Ensure that payments of the Bank expenses are timeously done and accurately accounted for.
• Ensure that Fixed Asset accounts are properly maintained and reconciled to the electronic Fixed Assets Register.
• Ensure that a sound general ledger (GL) is maintained at all times by monitoring GL balances, error suspense account and each account’s reasonableness.
• Checking and verification of the accuracy and completeness of accounting transactions.
• Ensure that interim and year-end financial statements are done on time and comply with the Act, IAS and IFRS.
• Ensure that full assistance is extended to the external auditors by all relevant offices, during the year-end audit.
• Other administrative tasks, Divisional budgets, progress reports, performance contracts, staff appraisals and attendance in various meetings.
Candidates applying for this role require the following behavioural competencies:
• Leading and deciding.
• Supporting and cooperating.
• Analysing and interpreting.
• Organising and executing.
• Enterprising and performing.
All candidates wishing to apply should have the above stated behavioural competences and the following qualifications and experience to be considered at least:
• Minimum requirement is a CA/CIA/CIMA/MBA.
• A minimum of seven (7) years’ working experience, with three (3) of at senior managerial level.
• Working knowledge in the use of computer, especially Microsoft Excel will be an added advantage.
Letter of application, comprehensive CV, certified copies of certificates, names and contacts (including email) of two referees must be attached to letters of applications. Closing date for submission is 21st April 2017 @ 16h30. Sent/hand delivered to:
Section Head, Talent Sourcing & Development
Central Bank of Lesotho
Corner Moshoeshoe &Airport Roads
P.O. Box 1184
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.