Saiccor Mill, Umkomaas
Chargehand Operators-MgO3 Recovery & Digesters X11 ( HRL 13 )
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To assist the Shift Superintendent by facilitating the smooth operation of the various sections within the MgO3 & Digester Plants whilst ensuring all environmental, quality, health and safety procedures are followed.
REPORTING TO: SHIFT SUPERINTENDENT : PRODUCTION
- Operate and ensure continuous functionality of the sections within the Mg03 Recovery & Digester plants
- Monitor and control quality as per relevant standards and procedures
- Monitor the quality and efficiency of operations daily to ensure optimal plant utlisation and minimize downtime
- Ensure subordinates operate plant at required rates and within given parameters
- Ensure that subordinates are informed of procedures as well as changes made to ISO instruction
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure steam and power requirements are met
- Adhere to safety, health and environment policies and procedures
- Issue work permits, isolations and ensure working conditions are safe before authorizing maintenance work
- Make plant related decisions in the absence of the Shift Superintendent with regards to cooking rates and cooking liquor
- Generate SAP Notifications for maintenance work or plant stoppages and breakdowns
- Start and stop sections of the plant and equipment for maintenance or breakdown work
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Problem solving
- Team player.
- Problem solving Skills
- Understanding of plant operations and equipment layout.
- Knowledge of operating control systems (DCS)
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 or NQF Level 4 qualification in Chemical Engineering or related field will be advantages.
- 5 years related experience within a similar environment.
Closing Date: 06 March 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact .
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.