- Focus, Scope, & Impact:
- This role supports the Franchise Unit Leader, in developing channel commercial execution plans
- Responsible to drive organized retail execution of strategy for South Africa in collaboration with the OU Channel team
- Lead the system to evolve Channel and Commercial Capabilities in South Africa Franchise to drive top line growth in Modern trade
- Partner with Customer Director to ensure Channel strategy get executed within Modern trade customers
- Ensure that all marketing programs are properly reflected and executed within the channel
- Project management of various channel initiatives
- Metrics: Volume growth, NSR, Penetration of key SKU, RED, ROI DME,
KEY SUCCESS PARAMETERS
- University Bachelor’s degree minimum
- Prior commercial/franchise operations experience is a plus.
- Proven ability to work across cultures, and multiple functions
- Strong, proven self-starter with superior leadership skills and capabilities
- Proven ability to lead and influence teams to align resources towards a common goal, leveraging best-in-class approaches and methodologies; ability to effectively interact and influence various levels of management across the system.
The role is required to solve complex business issues which involve multi geographic regions, multi bottlers and the full value chain. The role requires a deep subject matter expertise and a sound understanding of system value drivers as well as proven analytical acumen at an advanced level.
The role requires exceptional information analysis as well as situational analysis to drive well-reasoned timely decision making.
- Development of alternative Winning at Point of sale solutions
- Engaging bottlers with a focus on bias for execution excellence
- Investment analysis to optimize ROI for commercial initiatives within the channel
- Deliver higher ROI on investment within the channels
- Coherent plans across channels to drive the right OBPPC, improving system profitability and prevent channel leakages
All commercial areas will require ongoing innovation in processes and tools. Specifically, for this role, the individual will need to be intellectually curious and willing to try and then scale new thinking around concepts like Customer Management, Cold Drink equipment, Retail Theatre, RED, and RTM approaches.
- The position is expected to bring a high level of innovation, particularly in processes for execution solutions. As the company extends into more categories and is segmenting its approach to more detailed sub-channel level, finding suitable ways of managing this complexity will be key for this role.
- Leverage Technology to modernize our presence across the channels in order to build competitive advantage working with OU Channel Lead.
- The position is responsible for defining and implementing new processes, products and commercial solutions to address complex business needs in terms on cooler models, procurement, placement, tracking and process improvement, to secure we maintain the horizontal expansion / growth, while we accelerate our vertical growth with and enhanced execution model for a much broader portfolio.
This role requires significant interactions across the system, with OU Functional leads, bottler counterparts and cross functionally
The complexities of communication entail :
- Interaction with a diverse range of organizational levels, ranging from function heads (C&CL, Marketing, Franchise) to bottlers
- External consultants and vendors of goods and services (cooler suppliers, etc)
- Managing the balance of consulting and providing support to Franchise, including an appropriate level of push back where needed.
- Requires sensitivity to franchise issues and experienced interpersonal skills
- as well as presentation skills, both verbally and in writing.
Key Knowledge & Experience:
- Strong Business Acumen
- Proven Project Management Capabilities
- Superior Analytical Capabilities
- Sound Understanding of Commercial Concepts and Practices
- Networked Organization Mindset
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.