Other Possible Location : Open to All Africa Country Offices Funding : APPROVED
Expected Travel : up to 30% Type of Contract :
Language Requirement : English Application Deadline :
Employee Duration :
Chomoka Inc. aims to be the global leader in mobile technology to support and connect Africa’s over 15 million Village Savings and Loan members, the majority of whom are both female and under the global poverty line. Chomoka has the opportunity to help millions of women take a step out of poverty, by connecting the informal and formal financial sectors. Chomoka does this both by being a digital ledger that helps savings groups improve the accuracy and quality of their financial records, as well as a market place that unlocks access to formal financial services. In its first two years, Chomoka has an early track record of success in Tanzania and is looking to hire a Global CEO to lead our next phase of expansion across Africa. This position will report to Chomoka’s Board of Directors, get the chance to lead the spin-off of Chomoka Inc. from CARE International, determine the global headquarters and be part of the ownership of Chomoka Inc.
We are looking for a Chief Executive Officer to lead Chomoka Inc. from its current, early success in Tanzania to the future global leader in mobile technology for Village Saving and Loan groups. The CEO will be responsible for short and long term strategy, team development and culture and delivering both financial and social results.
VISION AND STRATEGY
- Responsible for creating and guiding all short-term and long-term strategic direction for the enterprise.
- Primary ownership of the long-term vision for the organization.
TEAM AND CULTURE
- Determine staffing needs and organizational structure.
- Create and manage a world class leadership team across multiple country business units, who are dedicated to delivering outstanding financial and social results.
- Create an organizational culture that will enable the organization to both prosper financially while serving millions.
FINANCIAL AND SOCIAL RESULTS
- Lead product development efforts that allows for rapid new users acquisition as well as strong user retention
- Creates the best possible product to service the needs of the users, helping them improve their financial records and processes, as well as unlocking formal financial markets for them through the development of a digital marketplace.
- Expand Chomoka to 3-5 additional countries in the next 12 to 36 months.
- Guide and manage budget and investment decisions and process to ensure Chomoka both meets short term cash flow needs as well as long term financial and social objectives.
- Deliver revenue and profit expectations, as well as build the necessary track record to obtain future rounds of investment.
- Set and achieve short (3-6 month), mid (6-24 month) and long (2-5 year) term objectives
- Participate in Fundraising Activities, including Partner with CARE Social Ventures to determine financing needs ;
- Partner with CARE Social Ventures and CARE Fundraising staff on sales calls as needed
- Participate in the creation of financing proposals
- Partner with CARE Social Ventures and CARE Fundraising to deliver updates to funders as needed
- Bachelor’s degree and MBA or equivalent
- Fluent in English
- French Language skills a plus
- Track record of executive management success, preferably in financial technology or consumer mobile application businesses
- Held positions responsible for profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management and general finance and budgeting
- Proven track record of success building and leading high performing teams
- Demonstrated ability to drive both financial and social results a plus
- Strong working knowledge of mobile financial technology preferred
- Early-stage startup leadership experience a plus
- Strong negotiations experience and demonstrated ability to manage partnerships preferred
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at [email protected].
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran.