|Subject:||Cash Transfer Services to households on a one-time or monthly basis in Lesotho|
|Date of this EOI:||October 1st , 2021|
|Closing Date for Receipt of EOI’s||October 8th , 2021|
|Reference No.:||CRS – CFW – Community Engagement – 2021|
- Introduction: Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is a global humanitarian and development organization, providing emergency response and recovery programming to over 5.8 million project participants worldwide in fiscal year 2018.With over 70 years of experience managing complex multi-year relief to development projects and over 15 years of experience implementing cash-based markets recovery, CRS is an industry leader in Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA) and market-based programming. In FY19 CRS and partners processed over $43 million in global CVA programming alone. In its new strategy through 2030, CRS has made market-based rapid response and recovery a priority focus and continues to contribute significant resources to building and maintaining program quality, innovation and thought leadership in CVA programs and market-based approaches. In Lesotho, CRS assisted thousands of project participants through its programs in agricultural and livelihoods sector. CRS implements programming across 10 districts of Lesotho. Since 2013, CRS Lesotho has used cash and voucher assistance to allow 7,610 project participants in Mohale’s Hoek and Thaba-Tseka districts to meet their emergency needs, restore assets, and build livelihoods. Cash and voucher assistance support local economic recovery by circulating funding within crisis impacted and nearby markets, while allowing project participants the dignity to purchase the items that best meet their individual needs. CRS cash programs include both rapid response, one-off or irregular cash payouts to families in need in the immediate few days and weeks following a natural disaster or other crisis and longer-term, regular cash payouts to households recovering from disasters or building their livelihoods over several months or years.
- Purpose: CRS seeks an Expressions of Interest (EOI) to shortlist potential financial institutions to then be invited to participate in an upcoming tender process. The EOI and subsequent tender process will seek to identify one or more financial institutions to be responsible for cash payments to households under the Community Engagement for ICM project in Lesotho starting in 2021
- Objectives and Scope: CRS seeks to preposition agreements with financial service providers (FSP) including banks and mobile money providers capable of making regular monthly payments to households in Lesotho, and therefore requests one or more FSPs based in Lesotho to be able to manage these cash distributions in line with program requirements.
- Recovery or Development Programming: CRS may deliver M2400.00 monthly to about 500 households over a period of 3 months.
- Expected Procurement Details:
To support the implementation of the project, CRS intends to procure: The services of one or more FSPs to be responsible for regular cash payments to households under the CRS and/or partner projects in selected villages of Senqunyane (Ha Koporale), Makhalaneng (Ha Moits’upeli) and Maletsunyane (Ha Lesala) PSCs of Lesotho starting in October 2021. Payments can be made through digital money including mobile money. CRS seeks FSP with a presence of multiple mobile money agents in the targeted areas to provide reliable, and efficient (low to no logistics costs) cash withdrawal services to the targeted households.
5a. CRS Delivery Schedule (if applicable): Based on the plan, a total of 500 households will receive a one-time payment in three tranches. Specific payment schedules will be communicated with the selected service provider(s) based on the conditions outlined in the contract.
5b. Timeline for Contract: CRS desires to enter contract with the selected FSP by October 2021 for a period of 4 months ending January 2022.
- Special Procurement Conditions and Additional Information:
CRS invites interested FSPs capable of providing (from section 3 above) their EOI’s.
In order to be considered as a potential service provider, interested enterprises should submit their Expression of Interest including the following information:
Please note that responses received without the information below will not be considered.
- Certificate of Registration or legal business license that allows the service provider to work in Lesotho generally.
- Contact information (full name and address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail address, website and contact person).
- Brief presentation of your company including number of staff, turnover, years in business.
- Reference list demonstrating your qualifications for participating in this possible upcoming bidding process.
Expressions of Interest can be submitted to CRS via email to [email protected] with the subject line “EOI – CFW – Community Engagement – 2021”. For more questions regarding this expression of interest, contact the contact person stated in section 7 below. Please indicate Reference No: EOI – Community Engagement – ICM – 2021 on all submissions and communications.
This call for Expression of Interest does not constitute a solicitation. We do not require proposals and prices at this stage; we merely seek your expression of interest in participating in the tender.
Due to the high volume of communications, we will not issue confirmation of receipt of EOI’s.
A response to this Request for Expression of Interest does not automatically ensure that you will be selected to participate in the tender.
CRS reserves the right to change or cancel the requirement at any time during the EOI and/or solicitation process. CRS also reserves the right to require compliance with additional conditions as and when issuing the final solicitation documents. Submitting a reply to a call for EOI does not automatically guarantee receipt of the solicitation documents when issued.
- CRS Contact Information:
|Address:||P.O. Box 11471, Cathedral Area, Maseru Lesotho|
|Attention to:||Mr. Ehsan Rizvi|
|Telephone #||+266 2232750|
|Email address:||[email protected]|