Looking for the next step in your career? Enjoy a challenge? Do you have an ambition for innovation? Want to make a difference?
Internet Solutions (IS) is a Pan-African telecoms service provider to public and private sector organisations that have, or want to establish a presence on the African continent. We have been providing innovative end-to-end telco solutions and related services for more than 20 years.
Today, IS is at the forefront of Internet Protocol-based technologies and we build solutions and services tailored to the increasingly complex demands of organisations across the enterprise, public sector, global carrier and growing small-to-medium business sectors. We serve multiple sectors through a number of brands, including IS, Ignite, VAST, ContinuitySA, MWEB, AlwaysOn, Synaq and Antfarm.
As a wholly owned subsidiary of the Dimension Data Group and part of NTT, IS leverages its infrastructure and global footprint to support organisations with the rapid deployment of emerging technologies.
Want to be part of our team?
The purpose of the role is that you will be responsible for the management and co-ordination of the Telco support team who facilitates faults in such a manner that all services delivered to our clients, meet and exceed the service level agreements.
Vendor Relationship Management: As Carrier Telco Support Engineer you will be required to interact at all levels and build sound relationships with all our Carrier Vendors.
What you’ll be doing
- Reports customer line faults with IS’s vendors,
- Coordinates with Vendors to restore fault as quickly as possible
- Updates Account and Service Manager information
- Update and informs IS clients on the status of their faults
- Updates the customer relationship management system)
- Sends out E-Mails / SMS’s updating service managers and customers
- Writes reports
- Facilitation of Router swaps
- First Line trouble shooting of GSM links
- Communicate policies to the client with regards to support
- Allocates all logged service requests to the correct support group/person
- 24/7 Shift environment
Knowledge of Telco Infrastructure
Minimum 1 year customer service experience written & spoken.
General computer literacy/ Microsoft Office
High emotional intelligence
A+ or N+ Certifications
CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) ICDN 1 or composite
What would make you a good fit for this role?
Essential Behavioural Competencies
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Following Instructions and Procedures
- Adhering to Principles and Values
- Applying Expertise and Technology
- Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
Looking to make a difference and shape the future? Join our growing team and accelerate your career with Internet Solutions. Apply today
Diversity in Internet Solutions
Internet Solutions is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary group