Head Office – Rosebank Johannesburg
Capacity Planner ( HRL 15U )
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To manage and control the mill capacity versus customer demand as part of the seamless integrated planning process. Responsible for production planning at the relevant business unit, while balancing customer service, production and distribution constraints.
REPORTING TO: Supply Planner
Adherence to production plan
- Execute and manage the rough cut plan received from the Supply Planner
- Manage the 7 day rolling frozen plan’ by monitoring the daily production performance versus production plan.
- Finalize 7 day rolling making plan’ by updating machine sequence and distributing plan to the business.
- Create, manage, control production plan based on changing sales/production requirements. Convert orders for production
- Update and maintain production performance measures.
- Monitor and advise on optimal deckle solution (From future orders, stock items, standard deckle sizes and consult Sales Managers)
- Control and execute stock portfolio plan as received by supply planner
- Identify free stock reduction opportunities as part of block preparation. Request order adjustments and slitting if required
- Identifying and track deckle improvement opportunities and production and report weekly
- Replicate production plan as received from supply planner and implement accordingly
- Request order confirmation prior to production block preparation and download
- Re-plan to include unplanned orders and feedback allocations to business.
- Analyse and manage open orders, identify backlog orders and action appropriately.
- Ensure Production Master Data is up to date and planning board to reflect real time data at all times
- Fulfil ad hoc requests from Supply Planner / Business.
- Participate in planning process development and improvement
The ideal candidate would have:
- Grade 12 / NQF 4 and a Tertiary qualification in a related field
- SAP – APO Modules advantageous
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in production/operations planning/inventory planning
Closing date: 29 March 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact .
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.