Key Purpose and Responsibilities:
- Manage catering, housekeeping and laundry operations in accordance with client service standards; Company key performance indicators and site targets.
- Oversee the menu preparation and implementation and its implications for the budget and stock ordering and storage.
- Ensure maximum profitability of the site.
- Oversee the smooth and efficient operations of special functions for the client.
- Ensure that all kitchen, housekeeping, laundry and workshop equipment is clean and in working order.
- Ensure all resources (money, people, stock, equipment, information) on site are optimally utilised on a continual basis and implement interventions to immediately respond to sub-standard operations and performance.
- Ensure accurate and timeous completion and submission to Corporate Office of all weekly and monthly administrative and accounting returns for the site.
- Ensure issue and broad sheets are captured into the SAM.
- Oversee the administration of petty cash.
- Ensure that clients are VAT invoiced correctly and promptly and that payments are received.
- Ensure that the site facilities and equipment are clean and orderly and conform to health and safety standards.
- Pro-actively identify and explore potential value adding business opportunities and liaise with the Operations Manager, Operations Executive and COO in this regard.
- Ensure customer retention, account growth and sound client relationships.
- Lead the site team towards meeting operational standards and targets through regular communication and utilisation of the full organisational talent management tool set..
Required Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Appropriate tertiary qualification in commerce, business management or similar and at least 10 years’ experience in a related environment (preferably feeding in excess of 500 people) of which 4 should be in a camp management capacity.OR
- At least 12 years’ experience in a related environment (preferably feeding in excess of 500 people) of which 5 should be in a senior camp management capacity with demonstrable competence in the strategic, business and commercial aspects of the management role.
- Drivers’ licence.
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off your CV at the IFS site offices.