Application Deadline: October 1, 2019.
The Core Program is the flagship program of the Camargo Foundation. Since 1971, the Camargo Foundation has awarded residencies to over 800 Core Program Fellows as part of its mission to support groundbreaking research, experimentation, and interdisciplinary approaches in the Arts and Humanities. Each year, an esteemed panel of scholars and arts professionals selects 18 individuals or teams from over 1,000 submissions from around the world. Winners are awarded residencies in a stunning, contemplative environment where they have the space, time, and freedom to think, create, and connect. Fellowships span 6 to 11 weeks. With each cohort of Fellows, the Foundation strives to foster connections between research and creation.
The Camargo Foundation prizes diversity and welcomes applicants from all
countries and nationalities, representing a broad range of creative
thought and practice. Three main categories are available, and several
subcategories for artists’ applications.
- Artists (all disciplines)
A stipend of 250 USD per week is provided, as is funding for basic transportation to and from Cassis for the Fellow for the residency. In the case of air travel, basic coach class booked in advance is covered.
- Research, Experiment & Create: Applicants must submit a proposal of work they would like to accomplish during their residencies. Proposals may include specific projects to develop or complete (e.g. a book, film, composition, artwork, etc.) or research into a particular topic or issue, in advance of writing or creating a work of art. Research projects should be pertinent to the Fellow’s field. The Camargo Core Program welcomes both open-ended exploration, or more focused works.
- Exchange & Network: During the residency, discussions are held regularly so that Fellows have the opportunity to present their work to the group. These project discussions serve as an opportunity for interdisciplinary exchange. All Fellows are required to be present at these discussions. The Camargo Foundation’s staff will provide formal and informal links with the region, meetings with professionals whose areas of expertise are relevant to Fellows’ work, and opportunities to attend events and to invite outside professionals to project discussions.
- On a voluntary basis, Fellows have the opportunity to present their work as part of the programming of cultural and educational organizations in the region. As part of Camargo’s interest in engaging the local community, we encourage Fellows to also consider possible programs with students (for example, a classroom visit or hands-on workshop). Such events would be conceived and organized in close consultation with the Foundation staff.
The Camargo Core Program consists of fellowship residencies that span 6 to 11 weeks. The dates for 2020/2021 are:
- Fall 2020: 8 weeks from September 8 to November 3
- Spring 2021: 6 weeks from February 23 to April 6, 8 weeks from February 23 to April 20 , or 11 weeks from February 23 to May 11
For More Information: