We are happy to announce the 5th «Summer School Ticino», an annual week-long workshop in the late summer that brings together students from multiple disciplines. The program aims to investigate the real – to understand and integrate the many facets and realities of small-scale planning and spatial development into a comprehensive and coherent approach.
The goal is to develop a project to reactivate the old center of Dangio. Dangio is a small village in the Valle di Blenio – the valley of the sun – a place that has great architectural and naturalistic charm, but in recent times has struggled to remain vibrant. Like in other mountain regions, more and more people have moved away in favor of a different lifestyle and so, one by one, the workshops and stores have closed their doors. Finally, the village center and many of its homes stand abandoned. Planning a sustainable regional development for this area must take into account a variety of facets. An integrative and therefore interdisciplinary approach is needed to address not only architectural, but also social and economic aspects.
The summer school this year offers an opportunity to contribute to the development of a community with the increasing tendency to live in new, isolated homes located in the periphery rather than the village center. You will be challenged to create a proposal based on initial field research of your interest. The exercise is about designing a bouquet of elements for the village and the abandoned houses, including a questionnaire, the private space, the public space, the community, and the process itself. The focus is on the individual components that make the village an entity. You will identify the ingredients necessary for a bottom-up reactivation that transforms the village into a lively neighborhood.
- Daniel Fuchs (Architect ETH SIA) Partner at Bach-Muehle-Fuchs Architects
- Philippe Grossenbacher (Architect ETH SIA) Partner at Bach-Muehle-Fuchs Architects
- Ludovica Molo (Architect ETH FAS) Head of i2a istituto internazionale di architettura, Head of FAS Federation of Swiss Architects, Lecturer at HSLU, and Partner at Studio We Architetti, Lugano
- Mulan Sun Buschor (Architect ETH SIA) Founder and principal of SML Architektur ETH SIA , Lecturer at HSLU
- Wei-Bin Chen Professor, Chinese Culture University, Taipei – Urban Planning Department
- Chun-Lin Lee Professor, Chinese Culture University, Taipei – Landscape Architecture Department
MAIL TO: [email protected]
CREDITS: 3 ECTS
DIGITAL PARTICIPATION: CHF 200.-
PARTICIPANTS: Bachelor and Master students from the following fields: Architecture, Urban Planning, Landscape Architecture, Social Work, Art and Design
Download the information related to this competition here.
Call for Submissions: Summer School Ticino
Call for Submissions
Hochschule Luzern Technik & Architektur – Institute für Architecture in collaboration with i2a istituto internazionale di architettura CCU Chinese Culture University and HFU Huafan University lauches
August 14, 2020 12:00 PM
August 14, 2020 12:00 PM
Dangio, Valle di Blenio (TI), Switzerland