Call for Submissions: A3 – Archnet Prize for Writing about African Architecture
To enter, write an essay of no more than 1000 words on a building in Nigeria or elsewhere in Africa. Describe the building and explain why the building is significant and/or what it means to you. All essays must be in English.
All who enter this competition:
– Must be university students studying architecture or a related field, and have student status through August 2021
– Have a Nigerian passport valid through October 2022
– Follow Archnet Facebook and Instagram.
– Follow A3 / Archives of African Architectures on Instagram and Facebook.
– Available to travel from April 2019 – August 2022
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: Have the following items ready for upload
– Your essay on a favorite building in Africa in pdf format
– Links to past articles or writings, published or unpublished.
– A 1 page CV, resume, or biographical summary
– A scanned copy of your passport’s photo page
Apply online at https://akdc-mit.typeform.com/to/q2yviX
Deadline for entries: 28 February 2020, 1200pm (GMT)