The Call Center Representative is the first person to talk to our prospective new customers who call us. Our callers are in need of new heating and cooling equipment, and it’s the Call Center Representative’s job to obtain via phone the information needed to properly understand and document the caller’s needs. This is done by asking the caller standardized questions and completing a form. Once this has been done, the new project lead is handed-off by the Call Center Representative to a Product Specialist who will assist the person further.
The Call Center Representative plays a very important role by being friendly, professional, and fully understanding the customer’s needs – you are the face of Alpine!
On an average day in this role, the Call Center Representative will:
- Be the customer’s first point of contact with Alpine Home Air Products
- Take dozens of inbound calls per day
- Speak with a wide variety of interested homeowners and business personnel throughout the contiguous U.S.
- Work off a standard call script to discover customer project needs
- Document all customer project needs in a standardized form for Product Specialists to use
- Be in continuous communication with coworkers via IM and internal calls
Does this describe you?
- Naturally upbeat and positive
- Pleasant conversationalist, excellent listener
- Good phone voice – articulate, able to clearly explain and be easily understood
- Can thoroughly uncover opportunities with customer
- Enjoy consistent, routine work
- Enjoy talking with customers up to eight hours per day
- Organized and detailed
- Clear written communicator – you will be taking detailed notes on customer projects, communicating via email and IM with coworkers, and sending emails to customers
- Reliable high-speed internet connection
- Located in the state of Illinois
- Typing speed of 40+ words per minute
- Challenging and fulfilling work as part of a positive, optimistic, and results-oriented team
- A short commute – wake up and walk to your in-home office space
- Competitive wages
- Flexible, part-time hours
- Company provided work station – including computer, monitors, and phone
Started in 2002, we are the first ecommerce company to sell HVAC equipment to homeowners online and by phone. We sell and ship HVAC equipment directly to homeowners in the US, and have served hundreds of thousands of happy customers. We are quickly growing, and are hiring new team members to keep up with the exciting growth.
Our objective is to create great experiences for our customers, vendors and employees. At Alpine, everyone wins. Our employees love our positive and supportive culture, beautiful sunny office, great benefits and friendly team. We help our employees develop their careers and do the work that best suits their talents and interests.
We are innovative! Check out a list of industry first pioneered here at Alpine:
- 2002 – first ever ecommerce HVAC store
- 2003 – first HVAC online shopping configurator
- 2004 – first national HVAC referral network of installing contractors
- 2005 – first of its kind automated performance based pay system for phone sales
- 2011 – first and only online HVAC operating cost calculator
- 2013 – first and only HVAC photo-to-quote app
- 2014 – filed patent for better way to assist customers with sales & service needs
- 2015 – first eCommerce bundling of local services + products: EasyHVAC.com
Learn more about working with us and view all open positions at: www.alpinehomeair.com/careers/