The Business Systems Analyst I is responsible for working with Client Services, and Technical Delivery(TD) staff to discover and understand business needs and translate them into system requirements. The Business Systems Analyst I is responsible for drafting all required SDLC and validation documents and facilitating the review and approval of all documents. The Business Analyst I may assist with the development and documentation of processes and procedures.
Key Accountabilities/Decision Making & Influence:
- Assist Business Systems Analyst II and Business Systems Analyst III with multiple tasks related to documentation, development and testing, and system launch.
- Participate in requirements definition sessions with stakeholders to capture business requirements.
- Understand the functional business process across the entire organization.
- Follows defined validation processes and produces validated documents for all initiatives.
- Utilize all available tools and information sources to elicit requirements, including interviews/meetings, document analysis, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, and workflow analysis.
- Drafts all required SDLC and validation documents.
- May be responsible for application configuration.
- Assist in the writing of the test plans, cases & scripts as required.
- May review test plans, test cases, and test scripts against requirements documentation to ensure full requirements-testing traceability.
- Facilitates and manages the review and approval of test results, and all SDLC and validation documents.
- Update requirements as needed throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Works closely with project management and software developers to formulate the high level technical solution.
- Identifies, coordinates and implements process improvement initiatives.
Diversity and Inclusion Competencies:
FOR MANAGER ROLES:
- Emphasis on removing bias in decisions related to promoting, hiring, leading, training and coaching team members.
- Advocate for diverse perspectives and model inclusive behavior.
- Influence others to promote, embrace and progress an inclusive environment.
FOR ALL ROLES:
- Dedication and commitment to promote diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion in all work activities
- Ability to collaborate in diverse teams to foster productive outcomes.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience.
- Experience functioning as IT Business Analyst or similar role.
Competencies & Personal Attributes
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing clearly and succinctly, complex project plans, design and technical issues, as well as business and product requirements.
- Working knowledge of a System/Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Demonstrated experience coordinating or supporting complex and/or software development projects is highly desirable.
- Ability to work collaboratively and take direction from multiple inputs.
- Ability to manage and meet multiple deadlines and respond to multiple requests for support.
- Communicates effectively with both internal and external teams. Delivers information effectively and timely. Uses interpersonal skills to build and develop relationships with internal and external team members.
- Must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with proven ability to comprehend business requirements.
- Proven ability to successfully handle multiple competing priorities and deliver on-time project results with little direct supervision.
- Must have very strong skills with Microsoft Office application to include the following: Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with cost benefit analysis is a plus.
- Familiarity with GCP and 21 CFR Part 11 is a plus
- Familiarity with SQL Queries is a plus.
At Signant Health, accepting difference isn’t enough—we celebrate it, we support it, and we nurture it for the benefit of our team members, our clients and our community. Signant Health is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.