Location: Maseru, Lesotho
Salary: Commensurate with required experience and qualifications
Reports to: Principal Investigator
University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/).
This CDC activity will focus on enhancing evidence-based decision making to achieve PEPFAR’s 95-95-95 goals (identifying positives, treatment coverage, and viral suppression). The objectives are to: (1) strengthen monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities to produce data of high quality; (2) build the capacity of M&E staff at all levels; (3) enhance the evidence-based programming by utilizing data from multiple sources; (4) support the DHIS2 and electronic registers; and (5) improve and/or develop interoperability of DHIS2 with other data systems.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee the operations of the project to meet goals and objectives
- Collaborate closely with the Principal Investigator and produce reports on project outcomes
- Develop with the Principal Investigator an annual operating plan that supports long term strategy
- Develop program budgets with teams and monitors budget pipelines.
- Provide timely and accurate financial reports to CDC and URC HQ as required.
- Manages internal and external financial audits of the program.
- Track and analyze all costs incurred under the contract and oversee preparation and timely submission of monthly financial statements and reports.
- Ensure that all project financial management, procurement and human resource practices are in compliance with URC policy and U.S. government regulations. This includes reviewing grantees’ and subcontractors’ budgets.
- Ensure that expenditures are within budgets and in compliance with commitments made in grants and work plans.
- Prepare information as needed to provide the Principal Investigator with a financial overview to support effective decision-making.
- Oversee and lead all administrative, logistical and financial management for project.
- Liaise with other key technical personnel and local staff to ensure smooth financial processes are upheld.
- Has a Master’s degree in accounting, business administration, communications, or a related field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent current certification required.
- At least 7-10 years of progressively responsible experience in the accounting and financial field.
- Experience in successful financial and administrative management of projects of similar scope and size.
- Significant experience with USG and CDC financial procedures, rules and regulations.
- Fluency in English is required.
- At least 3 years of experience supervising a finance team.
Please note: these positions are contingent upon securing award.
For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/careers.
You must upload your CV/Résumé and your Cover Letter where indicated. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
“Contingent on Contract Award”
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.