The Lesotho PostBank your only Basotho bank invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the following vacant position:
Job Title : Business Intelligence and Qualitative Model Analyst
Reports to : Manager, Management information Systems
Location : Maseru
Designs and generates reports to give analytical and quantitative insight to business in order to make improved operational, tactical and strategic decisions. Generates reports to improve efficiencies in the business.
Model development and validation, and other quantitative activities e.g. IFRS 9
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Gathers and analyses information, formulates and tests hypotheses, and refines and develops recommendations to improve business performance;
• Works with different key business units such as Operations, Sales, Marketing, Pricing, Risk, Treasury and Finance to determine data used to:
o Measure business performance
o Provide business insights
o Make predictions
o Provide reports from which business decisions are made
• Develops and documents:
o IFRS 9 methodologies and models (PD, LGD, EAD)
o Credit risk scoring models;
o And other financial models
• Carries out model validation or performance assessment/ monitoring.
• Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative fields such as Statistics, Mathematics, Finance, Economics, Computer Science or related disciplines from an accredited university or college;
• Three (3) work experience as a data or quantitative analyst or in related field.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical simple terms;
• Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases using SQL, Advanced Microsoft Excel and Access;
• Aptitude and strong interest in statistical and quantitative modelling techniques;
• High-level written and verbal communication skills.
How to Apply
Human Resources Department
MafikeHouse, 1st Floor
The closing date for submission of applications is 22nd May, 2020.
DISCLAIMER: ONLY SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED