Title: Business Development Representative
Octane AI is developing conversational AI technologies that reimagines online commerce. Publicly, Octane AI is the leading Facebook Messenger & SMS marketing platform for Shopify and Shopify Plus brands. Octane AI provides a unified platform for connecting, converting, and retaining customers. Octane AI’s current and upcoming products democratize personalization and automation technologies previously only available to multi-billion dollar corporations. Some of our investors include General Catalyst, Boost VC, and M Ventures.
As one of Octane AI’s early Business Development Representatives (BDR), you will have an incredible opportunity to work with Octane AI’s prospects, shape our sales process, and make direct contributions to the future success of the company.
As a BDR, you will be in charge of generating and qualifying leads, prospects, and creating sales opportunities. You will track dozens of prospects, create forecasts, and make changes to our process based on what you learn. You will become an expert on our product and ecommerce ecosystems. This role reports to the VP of Sales.
- Qualify all inbound leads and generate meetings for the direct sales team
- Manage and own the entire prospect outreach process (emails, phone calls, social media interactions, etc.)
- Optimize the BDR role and all outreach processes
- Log all activity in company CRM (Salesforce)
- Support peers and provide training and guidance for new BDRs
- Meet and exceed quotas
- Have fun!
- BA / BS degree
- Experience or desire to be in technology sales
- Have developed a baseline framework of how to sell
- Strong desire to learn, improve, and exceed goals
- Self-starter, organized, and a high-level of attention to detail
- Naturally curious and always looking for opportunities outside of their role to contribute to the team and company
- Must be a team player and coachable
- Previous sales or BDR experience is a plus
- The ability to work from anywhere in the world. Our team works from New York, Portland, Barcelona, Austin, Canada, and more. Currently we have team members in 10 different countries. As long as you can get the work done, we don’t care where you are!
- Excellent health benefits: health, dental and vision insurance for US employees
- 401(k) for US employees
- Flexible vacation policy, paid holidays, parental leave, and sick leave
- Fitness and home office credits. We want your workspace to be your happy place.
- Generous stock options
- Growth and leadership opportunities. We invest in the tools and training that will help your long-term career.
- An amazing team of wonderfully driven and talented people
More about working at Octane AI
- We believe the happier you are, the more productive you and the team are. Being a remote company allows us to work from wherever we’d prefer. Spend your evenings and weekends with your family/friends/hobbies.
- We hate bureaucracy. Feel free to talk to anyone on the team.
- Your ideas are welcome. If you know how to improve our workflow, our product, our processes, don’t be shy to share it.
- In our weekly meetings we do a fun thing called “fast parrot”. Everybody, including the CEO, is involved. It’s a little weird and fun at the same time, especially if you are doing a meeting from a public place.
- We iterate quickly. Projects generally take days or weeks, not months. We have a collaborative environment where you can share a work in progress and get feedback quickly. We like to get something in the hands of customer and get their feedback as quickly as possible.
- Don’t work if you are sick. It’s way better to rest and recover quicker than work at half power for a long time.
- If you feel you are stuck with a task don’t hesitate to ask for help. There are no stupid questions and nobody expects you to know everything.