Brainjolt is a leading digital media company with two sites in Quantcast’s top 75 mobile sites in the U.S. We are a team of constant learners who value scrappy cleverness as much as best practices.
And it’s working. Despite a lean team, we reach 36 million users a month across our properties and social media channels with engaging, smile-inducing viral stories, quizzes, and more.
- Our flagship viral site, 22 Words, is ranked in the top 20 mobile sites in the country with 20M unique visitors a month.
- MagiQuiz is ranked in the top 75 mobiles sites, boasting 3-minutes on site per visitor and whopping 60% completion rate.
- Our social following is at 26 million and is growing fast.
Brainjolt is a culture of constant and continuous learners, who strive to better themselves every day.
THE OPPORTUNITY: BUSINESS ANALYST
At the heart of it, we need someone who’s a numbers monster to analyze pricing and bidding strategies to help develop, grow and support Brainjolt’s revenue strategy. As the Business Analyst, you will provide insights related to ad revenue KPIs and discover ways to automate the revenue reporting and data analysis process. We’re keen to partner with someone who has Excel/modeling skills related to pricing, and possibly has worked at a trading desk or in fin-tech in the past.
- Provide clean, trusted reporting about revenue.
- Analyze pricing and bidding strategies to produce compelling models that are action-biased.
- Work with the VP of Product and Director of Ad Operations to optimize existing revenue models and create new revenue streams
- Produce detailed reports with clean, actionable data.
- Provide thoughtful, deep analysis on areas of concern or question for the revenue team and provide recommendations on next action items.
- Create and draft test plans and requirements for hand-off to the Company developers.
- Structure and report on A/B tests to increase site monetization.
- Reports to the VP of Product.
Have to Have
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. (Non-traditional paths welcome!)
- EXPERIENCE: 2+ years of revenue, pricing, yield experience building pricing/bid strategies.
- Strong foundation in Excel/data modeling with experience in aggregating 1st and 3rd party data
- Knowledge of data management technologies and third party data sources like GDS, GA, and GAM
- Desire to continually develop and discover new opportunities in the ever-changing programmatic ecosystem.
- A love of working in a fast paced environment.
- A self-starter with a results + growth driven mindset.
Nice to Have
- Familiar with DSPs, SSPs, Exchanges, Ad Networks, Ad-Server (specifically DFP).
- Measurable success developing programmatic strategies and managing strategic partnerships.
- Foundational experience with Header Bidding strategies and ad stack technologies.
- Proven track record of meeting revenue goals and supporting new business with third party vendors, trading desks, and DSPs.
- REPORTING: Primary responsibility around revenue and performance reporting to ensure accurate data is provided daily either through automation or manual pulling of data.
- TROUBLESHOOTING: This position will require some on-call availability on weekends (when needed) to deliver revenue reporting, troubleshoot issues and Ad Stack needs, communicate with revenue partners and coordinate with appropriate internal stakeholders on revenue and/or UX initiatives.
- MITIGATE RISKS: Constantly monitor performance to eliminate any/all issues that negatively impact Brainjolt’s revenue and overall performance.
- DATA INTEGRITY & KNOWLEDGE: Expert attention to detail and knowledge as it relates to Brainjolt’s revenue and performance data with a keen ability to deliver key insights and recommendations to ensure trust is constantly maintained with all internal stakeholders.
- THOUGHT LEADERSHIP: Deliver key insights to the entire Brainjolt team in an effort to educate and enhance the entire company on opportunities for optimization and overall improvement.
This position is fully remote.
Brainjolt is a fun, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment that empowers its employees to work independently and drive results that greatly impact the business. Since early on, one of our go-to values has been Fight boredom, spread happiness. We strive to do this not just for our audience, but for our team, too. In addition to basic benefits, here are some additional ways we support your continued success and happiness:
- Unlimited PTO
- Home internet & mobile phone assistance
- Gym membership assistance
- 2 tickets to a concert of your choice per year
- Spotify, Netflix, & Audible subscriptions.
- Monthly Personal & business-related book budget
- And more…