DIVISION : ADMINISTRATION
DEPARTMENT : BURSARY
JOB TITLE : BURSAR
The Lerotholi Polytechnic (LP) wishes to appoint an innovative and creative person with exceptional management skills to the position of Bursar. A prospective candidate should be a registered accountant with Lesotho Institute of Accountants.
Under the general supervision of the Rector, the Bursar is in charge of the Financial, Accounting and Taxation functions of the Polytechnic. He/she shall be responsible for organizing and directing the operations of the Finance/Bursary department.This includes instituting and managing systems of internal controls, risk management, fraud risk management and corporate governance as well as providing constructive, cost effective advice and recommendation to sustain and improve the financial performance and position of the institution.
- Prepares the medium-term financial expenditure plan and the annual budget in consultation with the authorities of the Polytechnic.
- Ensures that there is a sound system of internal controls and a tight financial control environment, and evaluates the effectiveness of such controls for adequacy from time to time.
- Monitors expenditure by all cost centers to ensure adherence to the budget expenditure limits and laid down control procedures.
- Is responsible for procuring and accounting for all the revenue due to the Polytechnic so as to ensure that the short-, medium- and long-term obligations of the institution are fully financed.
- Ensures that the Financial Management, Procurement procedures of the policies of the Polytechnic are consistent with the best practice and are geared at ensuring value for money for the Polytechnic and adhered to.
- Ensures compliance with all the tax Laws requirements.
- Compiles periodic management accounts to facilitate monitoring of revenue and expenditure against the budget so as to recommend an appropriate type of remedial action on items that are deviant from the budget.
- Administers and coordinates all the cost management and the revenue generating activities.
- Prepares the financial statements for presentation for the annual audit, and in that respect ensures that all the control and bank accounts are appropriately reconciled.
- Monitors the Procurement and inventory of goods and services, and that all laid down procedures for procurement are compiled with.
- Ensures that there is an adequate insurance cover for all the assets of the Polytechnic.
- Serves as Secretary to the Board of Finance and the Polytechnic’s Tender Board or Committee.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- BCom Accounting plus Chartered Accountant (CA)/equivalent plus at least 5 years post qualification experience in an accounting environment, two (2) of which should have been at Senior Management level.
- BCom Accounting plus CIMA/equivalent plus at least 10 years post qualification experience in an accounting environment, two (2) of which should have been at Senior Management level.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS &ABILITIES
- Strong leadership and strategic planning abilities
- Computer skills (Latest and relevant Accounting Model packagesplus spreadsheet skills).
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Management of targets
- Ready to work under pressure and to meet targets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
DURATION OF THE CONTRACT AND REMUNERATION
The position is a 4-year contract with a possibility of renewal based on performance. Lerotholi Polytechnic offers a competitive salary package.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their detailed applications which should include an application letter, curriculum vitae with three (3) contactable referees, certified copies of identity document, Educational Certificates and Transcripts. The applications should be submitted to the addresses provided below on or before 30thApril 2021.
Applications should be hand delivered to:
The Secretary of LP Governing Council
P.O. Box 16
Emailed to: [email protected]
- Only successful candidates will be conducted.