This is a new position on the Pfizer Consumer Healthcare marketing team in South Africa that will play an integral role in identifying, building and executing best in class digital and eCommerce strategies. The position reports to the Marketing Manager and is responsible to initiate and implement digital (including social media) and e-commerce activities, and align these activities with the brand and Key Account teams. This position is responsible for increasing the visibility and success of Pfizer Consumer Healthcare’s products in the online environment and helping the business stay ahead of the curve in a fast-moving digital and e-commerce space for the now and the future.
The core responsibilities are centered around:
a) Development and execution of the digital and social media strategies with regards to B2C communication for all brands (always in cooperation and alignment with the individual brand strategies).
b) Development and execution of the eCommerce strategy to drive Pfizer Consumer Healthcare’s online sales, support digital KPIs and improve profitability (in cooperation and alignment with the Key Account’s team). This includes building strong relationships with eCommerce partners eg. Clicks, Dis-Chem, Takealot etc.
The position will require partnership and strong collaboration with the brand teams and across the various functions of Pfizer Consumer Healthcare. Strong interpersonal and communication skills, an independent, self-starting work ethic with a ‘can do’ and ‘does do’ attitude, and high attention to detail is required. The position requires the ability to organize and prioritize while juggling multiple priorities and stakeholders. Strong project management skills, as well as analytical and problem-solving capabilities are also key to success in this role.
Why Pfizer Consumer Healthcare?
At Pfizer Consumer Healthcare we have a passion to improve the lives of people around the world, by empowering them to t ake health and wellness into their own hands through our innovation and expertise .
Our Health & Wellness portfolio has an extensive reach to 90+ countries around the globe. With many brands owning the #1 global rank for their category such as Centrum®, Caltrate®, ChapStick® and Advil®.
Behind everything we do at Pfizer Consumer Healthcare are the people who create our unique OWNIT! Culture. We strive to empower our people to own the business in order to win in the marketplace. Our no jerk policy encourages trust between colleagues to directly impact results.
- To develop & implement the digital and eCommerce marketing strategies on Pfizer Consumer Healthcare’s brand portfolios for the affiliate.
- Setting and tracking of key KPIs with agencies and partners.
- To manage the resource allocation & expense management for digital and eCommerce marketing across brand portfolios to ensure sales and profit objectives and other KPIs for the portfolios are achieved.
- Management and coordination of all digital activities beyond media: websites development, updates and analytics supervision, collaborating internally with business technology, marketing teams and externally with creative agencies; ongoing competitor analysis.
- Lead and be responsible for the end to end ownership of strategic projects and initiatives to drive growth and new consumer acquisition via digital marketing channels.
- Develop and organise eCommerce plans for communicational/promotional activities (all brands) in alignment with brand and Key Account teams.
- Understand key drivers of digital and eCommerce growth and factors impacting performance both positively and negatively.
- Perform analysis of digital marketing and eCommerce to find opportunities to adjust Pfizer Consumer Healthcare’s digital and eCommerce strategy to drive Pfizer Consumer Healthcare’s sales and improve profitability.
- Manage relationship between global Pfizer Consumer Healthcare’s digital and eCommerce teams, report of key activities and fuel local best practices globaly.
- Ensure coherent eCommerce and digital marketing workflow setup together with the relevant Pfizer Consumer Healthcare’s departments.
- Provide monthly trading updates. Deliver a suite of consistent key reports to monitor the health of the eCommerce business.
- Drive digital and eCommerce mindset and capabilities at Pfizer Consumer Healthcare through influencing various teams and providing practical skills and dedicated digital eCommerce trainings.
For assigned brand responsibilities:
- Achievement of annual brand sales and profit objectives
- Achievement of annual digital and eCommerce objectives
- Clear 3 year strategies for digital and eCommerce in place
- Ensuring adherence to Pfizer policy and compliance requirements in the execution of all tasks – MAPP, Reg08 via GCMA, Patient safety via CEP & YRR, Marketing Code, PT&E, other SOPs
- Reports to Pfizer Consumer Healthcare Marketing Manager, South Africa
- Key Internal Interactions: Commercial Lead, Brand Managers, Key Account Managers, Medical, Regulatory Affairs, Finance, Logistics, Legal
- Key Above Country Interactions: Global Director eCommerce, International Media & Digital, Cluster Marketing Director, Regional Marketing and Innovation Lead
- Key External Interactions: Advertising Agency partners, eCommerce partners
- Accountable for the management of the brand portfolios digital and eCommerce Advertising and Promotion budgets
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Who Are You:
- Action Oriented : “Can do” and “Does do” attitude; ready to jump in and make and immediate impact through positive and proactive nature, high energy level and credible experience.
- Creative Simplifier : Use your business knowledge and problem solving skills to put scalable digital and eCommerce solutions in place.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Ability to effectively work with and connect with all levels of employees across multiple functions and geographies using active listening skills and open mindset to understand market and customer needs – a connector.
- Curious Learner : You know that there is a lot of unknown in this space and you have a strong learning agility to stay on top of trends and best practice on digital and eCommerce to identify opportunity areas and propose initiatives for improved content and consumer experience. You’re passionate and curious about all aspects of digital, social media and eCommerce.
- Think Big and Small : Wake up thinking about big bold ideas but only sleep knowing your i’s are dotted and t’s are crossed.
- Teacher : Willingness and ability to educate and upskill internal colleagues on digital and eCommerce best practices and their impact to the business.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Tertiary qualification in Marketing / Commerce / Business Administration / Media (degree / diploma)
- 4-5+ years’ experience, preferably with a focus in digital marketing and / or eCommerce
- Experience working in consumer healthcare (front-shop), fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) and / or consumer durables / electronics industry is strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills, including presentations, meeting facilitation, and one-on-one/small group
- High levels of creativity, problem-solving and entrepreneurship
- Excellent analytical skills, including ability to frame issues and opportunities clearly and succinctly
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- High level of IT literacy in Microsoft office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Knowledge of Marketing Mix principles
- Understanding of performance marketing (eg. SEO, SEM), web analytics (eg. Google analytics), key digital measurables
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Sandton based
- Some travel required – within South Africa, and possibly also abroad as per Regional Cluster requirements
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.