For more information about Colgate’s global business, visit the Company’s web site at http://www.colgatepalmolive.com. To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® oral health education program, please visit http://www.colgatebsbf.com. To learn more about Hill’s and the Hill’s Food, Shelter & Love program please visit hillspet.com. To learn more about Tom’s of Maine please visit http://www.tomsofmaine.com.
Location: Midrand, Gauteng, South Africa
Relocation Assistance Offered Within Country
An exciting opportunity is available at Colgate Palmolive for a Brand Accounting Analyst. The successful incumbent will be responsible for the provision of accurate financial information and leadership to the marketing team as well as managing the A&P budget. The incumbent will be a finance business partner for the CPSA Marketing Team.
Duties and Responsibilities
Brand and Product Profitability
- Monthly analysis of sku margins and highlighting all skus below agreed margin hurdles, and proposing appropriate corrective action.
- Provide accurate financial information and leadership to the marketing team as well as giving advice, guidance and support on all financial matters.
- Inform Operations management of any potential issues impacting profitability.
- Understand costing process, product cost structures and the relationship to profitability.
- Check product costs for accuracy and ensure PPVs and revaluations are allocated to the right sub-brand.
- Attend to any financial queries/requests from the marketing team.
- Actively help the marketing teams understand financial information and hence own the P&L for their brands.
- Organize monthly brand P&L meetings
- Completion of the ROI for all promotions and new product developments.
Advertising & Promotions
- Management of the advertising and promotions budget.
- Monthly analysis of A&P actual expenditure against budget by sub-brand by country, and explain any variances.
- Help marketers roll-out new product launches, including the resources needed for a successful launch.
- Coordinate, consolidate and upload into SAP A&P numbers for budgets and forecasts.
- Support the reporting function by detailing A&P for CFN report
Margin Calculations and Ad hoc request.
- Perform margin calculations for all new products, and inform management of the margin impact.
- Perform ad hoc financial feasibility studies on new products and advise on profitability.
- Calculate /Validation of ROIs before they are sent to management for approval.
- Perform ad hoc requests accurately and on time.
Month End Activities
- Perform FI and PA reconciliation
- Perform BI validation
- Prepare A&P accrual Journals for goods or services received but not Goods Receipted as at month end.
- Assist in checking SGA numbers by sub-brand before reporting.
- Help with answers to month end queries from New York- SGA, margin, A&P, etc.
- Coordinate and distribute the Category Snapshot Data report.
- Coordinate / prepare the marketing piece for the quarterly FD commentary.
Budget & Planning, and Cost Reduction Activities.
- Analyze margins by sku for all budgets and forecasts and analyze to ensure correct product profitability.
- Coordinate / calculate missing list prices for budgets and forecasts.
- Conduct /arrange training for new marketing members on BI navigation, excel, etc.
- Compile P&Ls for month end reporting
Level of Education
- Bachelor of Commerce in Finance, Honours an advantage
Level of Experience
- 3 – 5 years in a matrix environment. Experience in an FMCG environment will be an added advantage.
Essential Skills and Attributes
- Analytical Skills
- Articulate with strong negotiation, communication and leadership skills
- Good people management skills
A&P – Advertising and Promotions
BI – Business Intelligence
PA – Profitability Analysis
PPV – Purchase Price Variance
ROI – Return on Investment
SGA – Sales Growth Analysis
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply to work with us using this online application. Attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process.
Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.