Saiccor Mill, Umkomaas
Boiler Attendant ( HRL 13 )
Sappi Saiccor Mill requires a Boiler Attendant to maintain and operate the Turbines and Boilers in the Services plant according to the best operating practices and to ensure that the mill power and steam requirements are achieved.
This role reports to the Chargehand
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Takes and hand over shift at the beginning and end of each shift to ensure handover between shifts
- Implement Superintendent’s shift plan by completing tasks to achieve steam and power requirements.
- Implement the production activities (shuts, starts ups, checks, log sheets, graph trends, resources, etc.) to sustain quality standards and plant efficiency.
- Participates in team problem solving and production program development in order to determine root cause of problems
- Monitor and control the plant according to set parameters and record Turbine and Boiler performance in logbook
- Complete plant inspections and reports any deviations to chargehand
- Stops, starts and completes barring on all turbine generators
- Completes manual adjustment of reactive power and power factor
- Assists with load sharing of transformers (under advice) as well as re-setting of breakers in Sub 20 and 43A
- Banks the boiler as required
- Takes Turbines and Boilers offline and brings on line as instructed
- Completes boiler tube leak detection and fault finding on turbine and auxiliaries
- Stabilise the plant during abnormal operations
- Ensures a safe working environment whilst working safely and maintaining high levels of housekeeping
- Ensures that the Section complies with the relevant statutory requirements (OHS Act, Legal Appointment, etc.) by implementing the necessary control measures and rectifying inadequacies and non-conformances.
The ideal candidate should have :
- NQF level 4 qualification (Grade 12 / N3 Engineering/related equivalent)
- 2-3 years relevant plant operation or maintenance experience
- Experience operating turbines and boilers would be preferable
Closing date : 06 February 2020
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact .
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.