Backend – Anywhere
Xapo is a global financial technology company built on bitcoin & blockchain with a mission to enable anyone, anywhere to take control of their money.
Founded in 2013 by International Entrepreneur Wences Casares (CEO) & Federico Murrone (COO), Xapo has made an unparalleled investment in security infrastructure, assembled a renowned advisory board, recruited a world class team, and raised $40M from top venture capital firms in Silicon Valley & the world.
Are you a self-starter who shares our passion for harnessing cutting-edge technologies to impact the lives of people globally? Do you dream of growing your career at a tech startup, while not sacrificing your work-life balance? Do you wish for a job that allows you to work from home, or anywhere else in the world that you need or want to be? Are you searching for a company that appreciates your individuality, and recognizes that we all have personal and family obligations outside of work? If so, Xapo may be the place for you!
Xapo employs a global, remote workforce in over fifty countries. We hire great people – and in exchange we offer autonomy, flexibility, meaningful work, a collaborative team environment, and top tier compensation. Do the best work of your career at Xapo – and still have the time to enjoy all of life’s special moments!
We are seeking a Senior Python Developer to join our global team. This full-time position is planned to be remote, meaning you can work from anywhere!
As a Senior Python Developer, you will work with a highly specialized, multidisciplinary team that handles the complete development lifecycle of a product, from envisioning to production deployment.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Building high-quality software components that fulfill defined functional specifications and fit within architectural designs.
- Working autonomously, following a defined plan and achieving goals according to schedule.
- Participating in the design, testing, and deployment of your code.
- 7+ years’ experience in software development.
- Experience programming Bitcoin Blockchain.
- Good understanding of how transactions and blocks work
- Experience with bitcoind RPC interface
- Experience creating transactions, selecting utxos and calculating fees.
- Experience with multisig, hd wallets and segwit.
- Knowledge of Liquid’s sidechain is a nice to have.
- Backend development.
- Excellent proven Python development skills.
- Good development skills for MySql.
- Flask, uwsgi and NGINX, experience.
- REST API building and consuming experience.
- Platform and libraries;
- Feel comfortable using Linux, Docker, Flask, uWSGI, and NGINX.
- Experience using Git, Stash, Jira.
- Capable of documenting and diagramming functional flows and architectures.
- Experience with other major development language and frameworks like, C, C++, Java or .NET, Node.js is desirable.
- Self-motivated, with initiative and enthusiasm, willing to work hard within a remote team.
- Experience working by plan and objectives in autonomous mode.
- Good communication skills and remote teamwork experience.
- Strong communication skills in English is a must. Spanish is a nice to have.
- Experience within Fintech would be ideal.
WHY WORK FOR XAPO?
- Attractive compensation.
- Work remotely from anywhere in the world.
- Collaborate, learn, and grow with a diverse, global team.
- Achieve balance with our autonomous work culture and flexible hours.
Xapo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and perspectives is critical to our success as a global company. A diverse, inclusive workplace enables us to create products that best serve our customers all around the world. It is the foundation of Xapo.
We strongly encourage applications from women & minorities.