Balerman ( P15 )
Sappi Stanger Mill requires a Balerman to operate the bale press section of wet lap machine so that optimum production is maintained on a continuous basis and complies with SHEQ.
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Bale wet laps of pulp into specified bale sizes
- Assist operator to start up wet lap machine with vacuum
- Operate bale forks
- Operate forward motion of loaded trolley
- Return trolley, ensures no persons in between trolley and forks
- Report on machinery, quality and safety
- Maintains stock of baling wire, Thinners, Coolant and stencil boards
- Maintains stock of making material
- Marks bales as they come off press clearly as per operators’ instructions
- Records bale count in book of bales going out on conveyor
- Align misplaced bales on conveyor
- Loading soda ash at Copeland
- Work at moist Depithing plant, process plant and delkor belt washer [change screens] or as required by foreman and management.
- Clean the chemical prep and pulp plants when shut
- Wash the chests in the pulp mill and repulpers when shut
Adheres to Environmental Policy and Procedures Including
- Reducing waste
- Preventing spills
- Meeting environmental targets that apply to his sphere of influence
- Complying with hazardous chemical handling procedures
- Complying with environmental legal requirements
Safety, Health, Environment & Quality (SHEQ)
- Understand & comply with all SHEQ requirements of the job.
- Identify and take corrective action in terms of SHEQ conditions and hazards.
- Maintains a high level of good housekeeping in the workplace at all times
The ideal candidate should have:
- Matric + Full N1 Pulp & Paper or NQF Level 4 Paper Board / NCV Level 2 or relevant unit standard
- Minimum three months on the job training as a Balerman
- Minimum two years in a manufacturing environment – preferably pulp production
Closing Date 7th February 2020
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact .
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.