The Office of the Auditor-General (OAG) is an independent and autonomous body and is the Supreme Audit Institution in Lesotho. OAG is responsible for auditing government revenue and spending and overseeing public funds’ management, quality, and credibility of the government’s reported financial data. OAG invites applications from suitably qualified local candidates for the following positions:
JOB TITLE : AUDIT MANAGER (RE-ADVERTISEMENT)
NO OF POSTS : 4
RESPONSIBLE TO : DIRECTOR REGULARITY AUDITS
RESPONSIBLE FOR : SENIOR AUDITOR
To plan, and manage the audit process, and liaise with audited entities on audit matters.
a) Acquire working knowledge of the client’s business
b) Interact with key client management to gather information, resolve problems and make recommendations and key processes
c) Obtain a thorough understanding of the auditing standards and share knowledge and expertise with audit staff and set clear expectations.
d) Provide key support in articulating audit strategies, developing audit plans, and managing all planning associated with audit engagements.
e) Review and assures that audit program steps will accomplish the objectives, address major risks and exposures, and will reasonably assure the completion of the assignment.
f) Address significant accounting and auditing questions raised during the audit by assessing their significance and modifying the overall audit plans and audit programmes as appropriate.
g) Responsible for ensuring that all audit recommendations on matters raised are plausible and cost effective.
h) Monitor the progress of the audit with due regard to compliance with the overall audit plan and the audit programme and that the audit is within the scope and resource allocation limits (hours and dates).
i) Reviews audit working paper files to verify that sufficient audit procedures are performed, and files have appropriate, sufficient evidence, and are complete, systematically organized and indexed.
j) Reviews, edits, and approves draft reports before they are handed over to the Director.
k) Reviews competencies of staff, document the training needs, and recommends relevant training including rotation within Regularity Audit departments.
• Chartered Accountancy and 5 years’ experience in Audit Work and at least 3 years at the middle management level.
• Full membership in a local professional body at a professional stage.
OTHER NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE
• Proficiency in the use of technology-based audit and other data analysis techniques
• Quality control on issued audit reports
• Knowledge of Quality control for plans and reports
• Strong understanding of public sector structures and reporting
• Experience in leading others (through management or project teams), including giving direction to team members, coaching less experienced resources, and providing feedback
• Exposure to financial management systems for government and public enterprises
• Excellent leadership and Management Skills
• Strong Collaboration and Partnership building skills
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Negotiation and communication skills
• Good team management skills
• Excellent Planning and organization skills
• Good innovative skills and conceptual thinking
• High level of integrity, respect
• Ability to meet tight deadlines
Interested candidates must obtain application forms from the Human Resources Office, Office of the Auditor-General, 4th Floor, Finance House, Maseru, Lesotho. Attach covering letter, CV, certified educational certificates, transcripts, and ID.
Prior Applicants need not re-apply.
• Closing date for applications is 9th June 2023 at 5:00 pm
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• No late applications will be accepted.