KARABO EA BOPHELO at Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho. The Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho (BCMCFL), is the result of a public-private partnership between Baylor College of Medicine International Pediatric AIDS Initiative and the Government of Lesotho, and is a legal, non-profit/tax exempt organization registered in Lesotho. BCMCFL provides free pediatric and family-centred HIV and tuberculosis prevention, care, treatment, and support, serving thousands of children and families affected by HIV, TB, or other child health conditions. Karabo ea Bophelo (KB) is a five-year USAID-funded activity to prevent new HIV infections and reduce vulnerability among orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) in Lesotho. This position is based in Maseru.
BCMCFL-KB is looking for highly qualified candidate to fill in the following position on a full-time, Fixed-Term Contract basis for the duration of the project.
Position: Associate Director of Finance & Administration (Re advertisement)
Duties and Responsibilities
Position Overview The Associate Director of Finance & Administration reports directly to Director Finance and Administration. S/he will be responsible for providing and ensuring adequate financial and operational support for the KB project, including financial data generation and analysis and operational and/or administrative support. The position is based in Maseru.
Educational Qualifications, Work Experience and Key Competencies
• Bachelor of Commerce Degree, Majoring in Accounting essential requirement; MBA degree an added advantage.
• Qualification in ACCA, CIMA or CTA an added advantage.
• 10 years working experience in financial management, compliance, and Grants Management and/or Operations/Administration at the senior level; USAID/PEPFAR essential requirement.
• Provide accurate and reliable financial information and analysis on KB financial data, including sub partner performance to management and technical teams on a monthly and as needed basis.
• Develop, implement, and establish procedures to improve operational business planning by ensuring proper business processes and procedures.
• Oversee sub partners’ budgets to ensure sub partners are compliant in terms of budget implementation.
• Ensure all required financial reports are prepared and submitted to the appropriate persons on time.
• Draft and administer consultant contracts and sub-grants, including the drafting and processing of amendments/modifications as necessary.
• Ensure that all vendors/sub-contractors are sourced in accordance with BCMCFL policy and award terms.
• Provide training and resources for all KB staff and sub partners on USAID rules and regulations and any applicable rules for compliance.
• Attend to Donor requests on technical, financial, programmatic and compliance issues as applicable and in consultation with KB Management.
• Manage finance and operations teams.
Interested candidates must email applications, including CV and cover letter to [email protected] on or before Friday, 02nd July 2021. Please quote the position applying for on the subject matter. Full adverts are available on request from Karabo ea Bophelo Offices, 2nd Floor Agric Building, Kingsway Maseru. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Citizens and residents of Lesotho are strongly encouraged to apply.