Vera Solutions is a social enterprise and certified B Corporation building cloud and mobile applications for social impact organizations worldwide. Our clients — more than 300 organizations in over 55 countries — include major iNGOs and grant-making organizations, social enterprises, and community-based organizations.
As a Fellow, you’ll work with a diverse global team dedicated to delivering innovative solutions that transform the ability of social sector organizations to collect, manage, and use their data.
You’ll be a key member of our consulting teams, designing, configuring, and implementing customized systems that speak to the unique needs of Vera’s clients. Fellows play key roles across all aspects of the project cycle – from determining the needs of the client and translating those needs into technical specifications, building customized data systems, integrating products, testing systems, and training users.
Fellows join as part of a cohort, which allows you a support network to ensure accelerated growth in this role. You will benefit from ongoing learning opportunities, leadership development, and mentorship from leaders within Vera. Along with all new Fellows, you will attend a weeklong training program in August that will mix intensive sessions on the project lifecycle and Salesforce, with team-building and professional skills development activities. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to research new technologies, support directors in the sales process, and build relationships with our clients. All consultants on our team may travel to the field on short-term assignments to gather client requirements or conduct trainings on newly-implemented systems.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree — what you studied isn’t critical; what you’re passionate about is
- 3+ years professional experience, especially in consulting, international development, or technology (most fellows have 1-10 years of work experience)
- 1+ years experience working with Salesforce and the Force.com platform, or other cloud-based relational databases
- 1+ years experience in consulting/professional services
- Curiosity and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional work ethic – eager to hit the ground running and contribute to team’s success
- Ability to work remotely (from the office and/or clients at times)
- Able to demonstrate a high level of trust and self discipline
- Strong aptitude for technology and data
- Excellent written and verbal communication (English) and relational skills
- Demonstrated interest in the social sector
- Collaborative spirit – excited to work on diverse teams
- Working fluency in other languages in which Vera operates, including French, Portuguese, or Spanish
- Project management professional certifications
- Salesforce Certifications
- Project management experience
- Advanced degree in relevant area
Onboarding & Training
In previous years, we have gathered all Fellows for a week of in-person, intensive training to lay a foundational understanding of the company and of basic technical concepts. Due to COVID-19, we have made the decision to proceed with remote onboarding and training this year. You will attend remote training and onboarding as a cohort in mid-August as we all make the best of a hard situation. The training will mix dynamic sessions on the project lifecycle and Salesforce platform, with team-building and professional skills development activities.
How to apply
Please click on this link and complete the online application form.