All Qualified Basotho applicants are invited to submit their Resume and certified academic qualifications for the position of Assistant Security Manager on or before 31 March 2020. Applications should be submitted to the following email address: [email protected] with the subject line RE: Application For Assistant Security Manager Position.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & RELATED EXPERIENCE
• National diploma in Security Management
• Registration with a recognised security body (advantageous)
• 3Years’ Experience in the mining security industry and 3 Years’ Experience in Security on Management level
• 3 Years’ Risk evaluations and investigation experience
• 3 Years’ Working experience of technical security systems
• 3 Years’ Background or experience on Metallurgical extraction plants
• 2 Years’ Ex-police or army background
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
• Monitors the performance of Product Security regarding adherence to the policies and procedures of the company.
• Monitors the performance of Perimeter Security and receive and analyse their daily reports.
• Monitor the performance of the closed-circuit television (CCTV) monitoring, and its reporting.
• Organize polygraph examinations for the relevant employees.
Searches and Seizures:
• Ensure that random or specific searches are performed at the mine exits by Perimeter Security within the set company policies and procedures, and relevant laws.
• Ensure that items seized during a search are properly recorded and ready for presentation during disciplinary or criminal prosecution.
• Conduct information or admission seeking interviews, to establish possible witnesses and perpetrators.
• Take statements from witnesses, accomplices, and perpetrators.
• Produce a concise report which can be used in the disciplinary or criminal prosecution.
• Recommends to the Security Manager ways to improve the service delivery of the department.
• Analyses the challenges met by the Product and Perimeter Security and report to the Security Manager.
• Responsible for conducting site reviews, writing audit/review reports, reviewing findings, and making recommendations to line management and /or their security coordinators.
• Administer, direct, and review security operation programs to ensure a safe and secure environment for employees, visitors, customers and others.
• Responsible to perform annual risk analysis, particularly with respect to level of crime, terrorism, workplace violence, threats from natural and man-made disasters.
• Serves as staff support to security management and assists in conducting investigations of significant threats and/or the loss or misappropriation of assets.
• Ensures implementation of comprehensive security systems for protection of individuals, commercial and industrial establishments under his responsibility.
• Investigates crimes committed against client such as fraud, robbery, arson, and patent infringement.
• Conduct ad hoc security-related investigations or perform duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Familiar with investigation procedures and methods
• Adequate knowledge on the criminal act and human relations act
• Familiar with law of Security Officers
• Working Knowledge of CCTV hardware and software
• Should have in-depth knowledge of Security environment and security hazards
• Metallurgical plant knowledge and experience
No applications will be accepted after the closing date. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.