LEADER IN REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH AND POPULATION AND DEVELOPMENT
Post Title : Assistant Representative
Level : NO-C
Contract type : Fixed Term Appointment
Duration : 12 Months (renewable)
Duty station : UNFPA country office, Maseru
Under the guidance and supervision of the UNFPA Representative, the Assistant Representative has a dual role. S/he is the primary implementer of the Country programme as well as playing leadership role with programme team in the country Office. The Assistant Representative substantively contributes to the management including results based monitoring and evaluation of UNFPA activities in the areas of sexual reproductive health and rights, gender priorities, working with young people, population dynamics in the country. He or She responds directly to the Country Representative.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Advocates for sexual and reproductive health and rights, gender priorities, working with young people, and population dynamics in the country. The AR assesses the technical needs in these areas and advices on suitability of programs and projects to meet these needs. He/she addresses policy issues and provides substantive inputs to facilitate policy dialogue and incorporation of the policies into national plans and strategies and UN systems initiatives.
• Takes the lead in reporting and monitoring and evaluation. Follows-up on reporting dates and provides high quality reports to the representative. Ensures that all the corporate monitoring and evaluation processes are in place with full compliance from all the staff.
• Shares knowledge and documents appropriate and innovative strategies and approaches, including good practices and lesson learned with all program officers of the country office. Ensures that all the staff is fully updated on new policies and procedures in relation to programming and reporting.
• Interacts with the government implementing Partners and other implementing partners, on the follow-up of the annual work plans, implementation rates and takes appropriate measures to ensure 100% compliance with the corporate priorities.
• Is fully aware of the mandate of UNFPA in humanitarian work and defines the humanitarian priorities in Lesotho.
Master’s degree in public health, social sciences, such as: economics, political science or management sciences.
Knowledge and Experience:
– 5 years of progressively responsible professional experience in the field of development and management, preferably in programme/ project design and appraisal.
– Demonstrate ability to refine programme/project design to ensure alignment of organizational programme objectives to national priorities and capacities.
– Proven ability to lead and manage teams and individuals to achieve demonstrable results
– Knowledge of relevant international and national policies, plans and programme in the field of population and development, sexual and reproductive health and rights, gender priorities and working with young people.
– Knowledge of system analyses and on-line management systems.
– Excellent written and oral communication skills to foster engaged partnerships at a high level of representation and to maintain political partnerships.
– Proficiency in current office software applications.
– Strong advocacy, negotiate and media
– Communications and media experience desirable
– Familiarity with the UN system and/or experience of working with international organization is an advantage.
HOW TO APPLY :
Interested candidates should submit their applications through https://hr.partneragencies.org/psp/UNDPP1HR_1/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRPM.HRS_JOB_OPENING.GBL?Page=HRS_JOB_OPENING&Action=U&HRS_JOB_OPENING_ID=28310 on or before Friday the 03rd February 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.