Liqhobong Mining Development Company (Pty) Ltd, a subsidiary of Firestone Diamonds PLC, invites suitably qualified and competent Basotho to apply for the vacant position of Assistant Maintenance Planner.
The incumbent will assist direct report in meeting his/her maintenance and construction targets by regularly ensuring that all needed materials and tools are readily available at all times with the aim of maximizing production and minimizing plant downtime.
Under the direct supervision of the Maintenance Planner, the incumbent will carry out the following duties and responsibilities;
• Adhere and comply with set SHE policies, programs, practices, safety standards and regulations;
• Ensure Job cards have all the relevant safety requirements stipulated including conducting of a risk assessment prior to starting any job or task and take preventative measures;
• Complete appropriate documentation relating to various maintenance job requests and spares requirements;
• Receive instructions for consumable orders from Foremen, complete order form/s and obtain approval of the Maintenance
Planner/Site engineer in his absence;
• Perform general maintenance related administrative tasks as stipulated by the Maintenance Planner;
• Plans & Schedule workflow for each section accordingly.
• Attend Production meetings;
• Reviews and analyses data for inconsistencies and record Mass changes;
• Test the system for new enhancements.
• Prepares Templates and uploads new requirements discussed in the Production Meeting held every morning and accordingly
discusses with the concerned supervisor relating to documents required;
• Administer and maintain relating to work attendance of sectional employees;
• Compile and record production data for purposes of quality control and other aspects of production;
• Acts as custodian of work order authorizations to ensure that Artisans perform their assigned duties and maintain liaison between operations and maintenance;
• Supervise the Data Capture Clerk and ensures that all relevant data from Job Cards and other sources are entered in the ERP system.
• Be engineering minded to understand the machinery and equipment to be maintained and spares required to do so;
• Draft reports based on data compiled and computed following prescribed formats;
• Seek own development opportunities within the Mine to enhance own growth.
Legal and other requirements
• Police clearance and medical examinations of fitness
• Valid driver’s licence
Qualifications and experience
• 5 – 7 years’ experience as an Administrator in a Plant planning environment;
• Diploma in Business Studies;
• Knowledge of MS Office and MS Projects;
Skills and competencies
• Planning principles (POSCORBE);
• Strong written and oral communication skills;
• Basic research methodologies.
• Consistent with agreed principles of correct moral conduct;
• Understanding of work methods and techniques;
• Ability to take direction but exercise independent thought and judgment;
• Ability to be effective and to manage multiple tasks and relationships in a team-oriented environment.
Application letters including a detailed CV and certified copies of relevant qualifications should be submitted to:
Letsie Office Park – Pension House
Email address: [email protected]
Closing date for submission of applications is Friday 23rd May 2019 Disclaimer: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted