- Assist users in optimally utilising library collections and services.
- Assist in managing and developing collections in the assigned subject areas.
- Liaise and establish collaborative relationships with academic staff.
- Assist with the development and implementation of marketing materials and programmes.
- Promote awareness of and access to information resources.
- Provide information skills training and research support to students and staff.
- Deal with user information queries including one-on-one advice sessions.
- Keep up to date with relevant trends in the Library and Information services sector.
- Communicate regularly with staff and students.
- Deliver presentations on Library Facilities Information resources and services.
- Provide bibliographic instruction and information literacy to students and staff.
- Oversee the Library’s operations during after hours’ shift duty.
Closing Date: 13 March 2020
Typed application which should contain comprehensive curriculum vitae, certified copies of all
qualifications and contact details of the three referees, should be forwarded, for the attention of
Mr TG Morokolo, to the Chief Human Resources Officer, Private Bag x1106, Sovenga, 0727 or
e-mail applications, in MS Word format, to [email protected]
Telephonic enquiries regarding conditions of service: (015) 268-4794
The University of Limpopo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All appointments will be made in
accordance with the University’s Employment Equity Plan. Preference will be given to Males
(Africans / Indians and Coloureds) Females (Indians, Coloureds and Whites)
Correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only. Applicants who have not been
contacted within 30 days of the closing date must consider their applicants as unsuccessful.
The University reserve the right not to make appointment.