DEPARTMENT: LIBRARY AND INFORMATION RESOURCE CENTRE
JOB TITLE: ASSISTANT LIBRARIAN – AUTOMATION AND USER SERVICES
REPORTS TO: LIBRARIAN
Under general supervision of the Librarian, the Assistant Librarian is responsible for management of all library systems, supervision of circulation desk, reference and user services.
- Oversees provision of effective and efficient information services
- Automates library services for easy access
- Assists users with basic skills to search information to solve research problems and reference queries
- Conducts orientation for new students and staff to enlighten them on the use of the library facilities
- Compiles and updates user profile for specific subject areas in provision of Selective Dissemination of information and Current Awareness Services.
- Shelves and shelf reads library materials for easy access of information materials
- Performs stocktaking activity to ensure maintenance of stock records
- Initiates requisitions to order materials to ensure availability of library equipment and stock.
- Liaises with other libraries for Inter-library loan for resource sharing
- Enforces adherence to rules and regulations by library users
Bachelor’s Degree in Library and Information Science plus a minimum of three (3) years relevant experience in the library environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Information and Communication Technology
- Library management systems
- Communication skills
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Leadership and motivation abilities
- Ability to work with different characteristics of people
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their detailed applications which should include application letter, Curriculum Vitae with three referees, certified copies of educational certificates and academic transcripts directly to the address provided below on or before 24th MAY, 2022 at 1600hrs.
Applications should be addressed and hand-delivered to Administration 1 Reception:
Staff Appointments and Promotions Committee
P.O. Box 16