Letšeng seeks to engage a qualified professional with appropriate skills and aptitude to fill the position of ASSISTANT HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER (PATERSON BAND CL).
PURPOSE: To provide administrative support to the Human Resources Department in the implementation of Letšeng Diamonds HR policies.
MAIN OUTPUTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Retain the overall responsibility for the accuracy and integrity of the Human Resources Information System (HRIS)
• Ensure that the HRIS is updated in real time and that full information on each employee of Letšeng is captured
• Ensure the full functionality of the system
• Maintain a physical record for each Letšeng employees in line with the legal requirements
• Produce accurate employment statistics ad hoc as required
• Ensure appropriate report generation from the system to inform management decision making
• Make administrative arrangements relating to accommodation and catering for approved visitors, events or otherwise as required
• Receive schedules relating to casual working hours for the month and arrange for the payment of casual labourers by liaising with the payroll office and checking the required/necessary documentation against records and obtaining signatures acknowledging receipt of payments
• Support the HR Superintendent (Training) in the implementation of the learning and development plans and budget
• Coordinate and administer the delivery of the learning and development activities through the use of internal and external training providers
• Coordinate the production of training materials for in-house courses
• Coordinate training activities and ensure that training takes place as scheduled
• Provide support to the students’ scholarships and internship programmes
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Diploma in Human Resources Management or equivalent
• 1-2 years’ experience in HR administrative environment
• Light Vehicle Driver’s Licence
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Extensive knowledge of the SAGE VIP (HR Premier) System
• Ability to perform the HR administrative functions and general administration
• Ability to identify items/actions requiring further action and to follow through to completion
• Ability to manage time effectively and efficiently in accordance with work priorities to ensure qualitative outcomes
• Ability to utilise the correct computer software and the relevant functionality applicable to the outcomes required
Interested candidates should submit their applications and CV to the Human Resources Office, Letšeng Diamonds House, Corner Kingsway and Old School Road, P.O. Box 12508, Maseru 100, Lesotho or email them to [email protected]
CLOSING DATE: 18th September 2020.
DISCLAIMER: Only short-listed candidates will be responded to.