Applications are invited from suitably qualified local candidates for the following positions tenable in the Ministry of Education and Training:
DEPARTMENT : ADMININISTRATION
POSITION TITLE : ASSISTANT FINANCE MANAGER – TWO (2)
GRADE : H (M216 920.00-M256 920.00 P/A)
Main Purpose of the Job
Under the general supervision of Finance Manager the incumbent is responsible for facilitating revenue collection and prompt payment for goods received and services rendered
1. To Facilitate Implementation of Financial Laws, Policies, Guidelines, Systems Procedures and Standards
1.1 Interprets financial laws, policies, guidelines, systems, procedures and standards
1.2 Trains accounting staff on financial laws, policies, guidelines, systems, procedures and standards
1.3 Compiles the training report
1.4 Evaluates the effectiveness of training
2. To Review Payment Vouchers Against Set Procedures and Standards
2.1 Reviews supporting documents to confirm completeness
2.2 Confirms payment is charged to correct vote
2.3 Posts and submits examined vouchers to an authorising officer
3. To Facilitate Management of Official Receipts
3.1 Monitors use of receipts
3.2 Accounts for receipts
4. To Provide Custody and Control of Accountable Documents
4.1 Implements set standards and procedures for safe guarding accountable documents
4.2 Controls usage of accountable documents
4.3 Maintains stock levels and distributes accountable documents
5. To Facilitate Collection and Banking of Revenue and Trust Monies
5.1 Supervises the banking of revenue and trust monies collected
5.2 Posts collections into the system
5.3 Posts bank transfers to update cash account in the system
5.4 Compiles monthly reports on collections against budget
6. To Reconcile Revenue Bank Accounts
6.1 Obtains bank statements
6.2 Matches bank statements to deposit slips
.3 Matches posted transactions to bank statement
6.4 Posts adjustments in the system to correct errors
6.5 Produces reconciliation reports
7. To Prepare Financial Statements and Reports
7.1 Compiles monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and reports then submits for review
8. To Supervise Staff
8.1 Formulates and implement sectional annual operational plan.
8.2 Coordinates development of individual work plans
8.3 Monitors implementation of sectional operational plan
7.4 Conducts annual performance appraisals on individual supervisees to assess their performance against the set standards and to identify training and development needs
8.5 Coordinates training of accounting staff
8.6 Compiles sectional budget
8.7 Supervises staff to ensure that work is done according to plan
8.8 Disciplines staff under his/her supervision
Education and Training
Chartered Accounting / Master’s Degree in accounting plus two (2) years in the accounting and finance environment
Honours / Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting / Finance/ Financial Management plus four (4) years working experience in the accounting and finance environment
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / General Accounting/ CIPFA Advanced Diploma plus four (4) years working experience in the accounting and finance environment
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration /CIS plus CIPFA Certificate and 5 years working experience in the accounting and finance environment
NB: Membership of with a recognised Accounting or Financial Professional Body will be an added advantage
Other Relevant Knowledge
• Knowledge of
Public Sector Accounting
is an added
• Familiarity with the Public Finance and Accountability Act 2011 and related regulations is an added advantage.
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Practice, especially the International Public Sector Accounting Standards or International Financial Reporting Standards, is essential.
• Computer literacy is a must.
• Familiarity with IFMIS operations or any computerized accounting system is an added advantage.
• Ability to work with colleagues from varying backgrounds_
• Strong analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills.
• Solution and results focused.
• Ability to work under pressure and deliver results within strict deadlines.
• Attention to details and time conscious.
Applicants must pass a competency assessment test.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SERVING OFFICERS MAY APPLY FOR GRADE F POSITIONS HERE ADVERTISED.
Applications on the relevant forms G.P. 104 for serving officers and G.P. 103 for job seekers duly accompanied by certified copies of educational certificates, performance appraisal forms transcripts, diplomas etc. must be addressed to:
The Principal Secretary
Ministry of Education and Training
P. O. Box 47
Maseru – 100
Not later than, 30th October, 2019