Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates, preferably Lesotho nationals for the above-mentioned position.
The incumbent will serve as an Assistant Accountant for LEC Communications (Pty) Ltd (LECC), a subsidiary company of Lesotho Electricity Company (LEC) and will be responsible to the Accountant. The position will be for a two (2) year contract.
Diploma in Business Management or Certified Accounting Technician (CAT)
EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Preferably 1 year relevant experience with a good track record.
- Good understanding of International Accounting Standards.
- Good experience with computer based accounting packages preferably PASTEL and MS Office packages and including spreadsheets.
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills.
- Excellent in paying attention to details.
- Performance driven.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
The incumbent will be responsible for performing the following:
- Responsible for book-keeping function including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Keep accurate and complete record of financial transactions in the PASTEL System.
- Process payments through bank online systems and cheques.
- Ensure company expenditure is correctly authorised and accounted for.
- Review all suppliers invoice for accuracy.
- Ensure that suppliers are paid on time.
- Manage procurement of equipment and services, ensuring compliance with company policies.
- Maintain inventory records of equipment owned by LECC and ensure relevant control systems are in place and complied with.
- Analyse, reconcile and report on petty cash expenditure.
- Safe guard petty cash and bank cheque book.
- Responsible for administrative functions and facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations of the office.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management.
- Any other task assigned by management.
Interested candidates must submit their applications, CVs and certified copies of their certificates and transcripts to the Managing Director, LEC Communications (Pty) Ltd, P O Box 9743, Maseru 100, or hand deliver at the Reception, LEC Communications Office, New Europa, House No.286, Pioneer Road, Maseru on or before 07/04/2017 at 16:00hrs. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.