For over 20 years, the Ashden Awards have been uncovering and spotlighting the world’s next climate champions. Through grant prizes of up to £25,000, as well as ongoing development support, our awards accelerate climate innovation – helping businesses, charities, governments and others power up their impact in the UK and low-income countries.
- Businesses, NGOs, government organisations, and social enterprises (both for-profit and not-for-profit, including community groups) are all eligible.
- Each award is limited to work in certain parts of the world.
To be shortlisted and win an award, all applicants must satisfy these eligibility criteria:
- The work submitted for an award must be currently available to customers, clients or beneficiaries.
- The applicant must show an innovative approach in their work.
- The applicant’s work must have the potential to create significant impact. This might be achieved by their growth as an organisation, or the replication of their innovation around the world. Applicants must be willing to work with Ashden and others to achieve this goal. ‘Significant’ impact could be a large reduction in emissions, a mitigation action that addresses a serious threat to people’s wellbeing, or a transformation in people’s quality of life – particularly the most marginalised.
- The applicant must show good governance and management. We are looking for efficient use of funds and a strong plan to generate further income, whether from sales, grants or any other source. Organisations can be for profit or not-for-profit. Winners must have sustainability embedded in their values and practices.
- The annual Ashden Awards are free to enter, and benefits for winners include a cash grant, access to funders, and a promotional film about their work. All finalists receive publicity and opportunities as part of the Ashden network.
Applications Applications for the 2023 Ashden Awards will close on Wednesday 8 March 2023, 23:59 GMT.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Ashden International Awards 2023