Area Operations Manager
The Area Operations Manager will have overall responsibility for equipment processing activities for the area consisting of a number of service centres under his/her control. The incumbent is responsible to develop and manage relationships with all 3rd party service providers, Trade Unions as well as customers where onsite activities occur within their area of responsibility.
The incumbent will also be responsible for ensuring that all Company policies and procedures (ie SLA’s and SOP’s) are adhered to and implemented by all staff and 3rd party contractors situated in his/her area of responsibility.
People and Safety
- Promote and drive a culture of Zero Harm.
- Implement and drive the safety strategies across CHEP and TPM plants.
- Responsible for the GAP, SEMP and Environmental requirements and audit results.
- Recruit, motivate and develop subordinates and ensure a succession plan is in place.
- Develop a motivated and productive workforce through effective people management and communication skills.
- Ensures that good communications and sound relationships are maintained with all employees, shop stewards and respective unions.
- Negotiate annual conditions of employment with the respective trade union.
Cost and Metrics
- Develop, implement and manage processes to drive efficiencies and cost reductions.
- Managing plant costs, production, ensuring highest physical throughput meeting company objectives.
- Report on all Plant KPI’s and compile monthly reports.
- Responsible for the management and control of all hire stock and raw material.
- Highlight areas of risk and manage variances to ensure the prevention of any stock losses.
- Participates in regular stock audits, supervises all quarterly and annual stock-count audits and resolves queries.
- Ensures that the area of responsibility is efficiently stocked with both hire equipment and repair material to meet customer requirements.
- Manage and assist 3rd Party Service Providers through Service Level Agreement stipulations and requirements.(SLA’s)
- Effectively develop 3rd party relationships with a continuous focus on reducing costs through cooperative initiatives and amicable business negotiations.
- Ensure 3rd party compliance to all CHEP Operational SOP’s as well as statuary requirements which includes the LRA, BCEA, EE, and OHSACT.
- B-Tech Degree
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certified
- 10 Years Production Management experience in a unionized environment
Degree and equivalent – Operations Management
Preferred Level of Work Experience
5 – 7 years
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Individuals fraudulently misrepresenting themselves as Brambles or CHEP representatives have scheduled interviews and offered fraudulent employment opportunities with the intent to commit identity theft or solicit money. Brambles and CHEP never conduct interviews via online chat or request money as a term of employment. If you have a question as to the legitimacy of an interview or job offer, please contact us at [email protected]