Programme and Vacancy Overview:
AQUITY has partnered with the Perinatal HIV Research Unit (PHRU) to support the Strategic Innovation Demonstration Studies Targeting Universal Testing for TB. The studies will be conducted in 13 facilities in KwaZulu-Natal. Based in KwaZulu-Natal, the two M&E Officers will support 13 participating facilities where activities will be implemented. The officers will report to the Senior Project Coordinator and AQUITY program team leads. The ability to work SMART, effectively and in collaboration with other team members will be vital.
- Establish strong working relationships with key Managers dealing with M&E/Information management and programme supported to facilitate effective collaboration and communication.
- Contribute to the improvement of Health Information Systems (HIS), M&E activities, Data Quality with the Provincial DOH – by undertaking visits to supported 13 facilities as needed to support and/or mentor data collection/collation or verify data quality or carry out spot checks/views.
- Assist in preparing monthly, quarterly and annual programmatic performance reports, conduct basic data analysis and interpretation, as required for programme support and for reporting.
- Participate in/or coordinate the timely collection and analysis of all supported programme performance data, document best practices, trends and success stories.
- Strengthen facility’s capacity to analyze and use data for decision making.
- Contribute and provide support to research studies planned by the project.
- Participate in meetings and workshops related to health information/M&E in the facilities and report on progress of activities.
- Provide inputs for the monthly and annual project performance reports.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- An appropriate degree in Public Health, Social, Statistics, Information or in related/relevant field.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation with substantial experience in public health and monitoring and evaluation capacity building.
- Good understanding of public health programmes.
- Demonstrate experience in performing data analysis and interpreting results correctly.
- Strong computer skills particularly in spreadsheets and data analytical skills.
- A valid driver’s license and own vehicle will be an added advantage.
Closing 14 January 2019.
AQUITY is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We value and seek diversity in our workforce.