Duties and Responsibilities:
The HR Manager will:
- Provide overall HR support to all staff of AQUITY Innovations, develop and review HR policies, guidelines and systems, and ensure compliance of HR activities to relevant legislative frameworks.
- Conduct recruitment and placement processes for staff. This will cover advertising, screening, contracting and orientation functions.
- In collaboration with Team Leaders/ Project Managers, conduct Performance Management tasks and maintain diary for all performance appraisals.
- Manage organisational employee relations and ensure HR best practices are adhered to by all project staff.
- Manage and provide guidance on disciplinary issues and provide counselling, guidance and coaching as required.
- Implement AQUITY HR Policies and ensure adherence to relevant labour laws and practices and support staff enrolment in local benefit plans as appropriate.
- Perform HR Records Management, both paper and electronic filing systems while keeping all project staff information confidential.
- Administer Timesheet, Payroll and Leave Management functions, capturing all Masterfile entries and ensure clear exception reports.
- Play an active role in creating a safe and healthy work environment for all workers including those on project sites.
- Perform any other related duties as necessary.
Required Experience & Qualifications
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Social Sciences, Business Administration or a related field.
• Minimum of at least five years’ relevant work experience.
• Excellent planning, organizing, communication and Interpersonal skills. Knowledge of local Labour Laws, an ability to work in a multicultural environment, pay attention to detail and maintain confidentiality is a must. A good understanding of donor regulations such as those of USAID, World Bank, Global Fund etc, will be an added advantage.
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in South Africa for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
To apply, send your CV and application cover letter to [email protected]. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.