As an IT Support Technician, you will be responsible for delivering end-to-end support on computers, devices, applications and related technologies in accordance with IT service level agreements.
The key responsibilities for this role include:
- Provide technical support, on-site and remote, for all Apple Mac users
- Maintaining Apple Mac hardware
- Troubleshooting Apple software and maintaining licenses
- Troubleshoots and resolves IT issues via phone, web, and in-person channels
- Ensures all incidents are resolved against SLAs
- First and second-line support regarding hardware and software infrastructure
- Carry out software and hardware rollout projects
- Implementing & Support of Microsoft Office (2016-2019) products incl. but not limited to MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint
- Supporting the video conferencing facility, projectors
- Refreshing computer equipment
- Installation and Support of Network & Local Printers
- Imaging of computers
- Management of software, driver updates for End User equipment
- Administration: IT Asset Management, Active Directory Basic
- Remote support: Backoffice functions
The minimum requirements are:
- Grade 12
- IT Tertiary qualification (A+, N+)
- Apple Certification is advantageous
- 4 years’ experience in a technical support environment with a focus on Apple MAC
- After hours standby on a rotational basis
- Ability to lift and carry IT equipment
- Drivers licence and own vehicle
- Willingness to work flexi hours as well as overtime
A little about us:
mrpIT is our very own in-house IT department. mrpIT has over 200 passionate IT professionals who are responsible for the architecture, development, maintenance, security and availability of the Group’s systems environment.
As a division, we are dynamic, responsive, creative and innovative “techies” and we aim to deliver differentiated solutions that are fit for purpose, balancing best of breed and value for money for the Group.
mrpIT is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to Employment Equity.