- Support recruitment of AGYW Mentors in the target communities within the DREAMS districts
- Provide supportive supervision and guidance to AGYW Mentors
- Support AGYW Mentors to set targets, coordinate and schedule social asset building sessions and linkages to economic strengthening activities
- Support AGYW Mentors to reach all AGYW with social asset building sessions and DREAMS package of services
- Provide oversight and quality checks for implementation of social asset building curricula and DREAMS package of services for all AGYW
- Track AGYW Mentor progress on social asset building sessions and linkages and layering of DREAMS services
- Complete routine and ad hoc training, summary and progress reports for AGYW interventions, linkages and referrals
- Support District Coordinators to mitigate risks and accelerate implementation of the DREAMS program where required
- Represent AGYW Mentors at local fora and meetings as required
- Submit weekly reports to the DREAMS Coordinator using the established reporting form
- Undertake any other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience/Skills:
- Completed High school education
- Previous experience as a team leader, mentor or ambassador role
- Female 18 – 35 years old
- Live in the community where the DREAMS project will be implemented
- Some experience in community work (Voluntary, Community Care worker, DREAMS Ambassador)
- Passionate about empowering girls to improve their safety and completion of school
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and other local languages.
- Ability to manage work independently, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
- Ability to work under pressure and strong interpersonal skills
- Flexible and willingness to undertake additional responsibilities
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.