The Lesotho PostBank your only Basotho bank of choice invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the following vacant position:
Job Title : Agricultural Loan Officer
Reports to : Agricultural Loan Specialist
Department : Business Banking
Location : Maseru
To support business to determine the strategic direction for agricultural financing initiatives within the Bank with the aim of ensuring increased customer satisfaction and profitability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides a professional point of contact for a portfolio of Agriculture, Business and Commercial relationships/clients;
• Performs a liaison role between the Customer and all other internal support divisions of the Bank;
• Educates clients regarding the parameters and routine procedures governing complex but standard agriculture, business and commercial product, solution and service offerings;
• Explains, promotes and cross and up sells additional value adding solutions to existing customers;
• Undertakes customer visits, attends and presents the bank at forums and identify sales leads;
• Maintains internal and external relationships;
• Continually acquires new and retains customers.
• Adopts service culture according to LPB service standards.
Internal Business Processes
• Manages origination, credit fulfilment and portfolio (Lending support and credit risk management);
• Interprets business and financial information e.g. consolidated balance sheets, complex financial statements and management accounts with inter-company loans and borrowings etc, to prepare and motivate credit applications in line with Credit requirements;
• Completes annual credit reviews for the portfolio timely;
• Completes all requests of a Credit or Collateral (Security) nature on behalf of the client, in consultation with the Agricultural Financing Manager;
• Prepares the following management report timely and accurate as requested:
– Arrears report daily,
– Large Items Reports daily,
– Portfolio Management report daily,
– Overdraft Reports daily,
– Watch list weekly,
– Sales Dashboard and Pipeline daily,
– Customer engagement,
– And any other report as may be assigned from time to time
• Above reports shall be managed according to policies, process and guidelines;
• Pays attention to existing policies, process and guidelines to eliminate possible risks and achieve acceptable audits;
• Controls facility conditions;
• Ensures LPB profitability and financial sustainability;
• Increases liabilities (mobilize deposits to achieve set targets);
• Increases assets (manage loan book portfolio);
• Closes business deals to meet daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets;
• Drives sales with the ability to negotiate the terms of an agreement and close sales;
• Increases business market share:
– Acquisition: presentation, forums, marketing initiatives etc.
– Retention: relationship management, cross selling
– Education: presentation and forums
Learning and Growth
• Continuously updates product knowledge, core banking systems and other related systems, procedural knowledge (internal processes);
• Continuously updates knowledge on operations of interrelated department; Credit, Retail, Processing etc;
• Stays informed of marketing and sales information;
• Stays abreast with market and competitive trends;
• Takes action and provides feedback on market and competitive developments;
• Prepares, manages and tracks own personal development plans (PDP).
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
• Degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Economics or related field.
• Two (2) years ‘work experience.
• Knowledge of agronomy, animal husbandry and agricultural value.
• Relevant degree in agribusiness disciplines or related fields
• Strong knowledge and affiliation with the agricultural sector and rural population
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Good knowledge of agricultural financing product offerings.
• Numerical skills and financial acumen to extract, interpret and evaluate financial statements, balance sheets, ratios and cash flow cycles.
• Travelling ability to visit agricultural loan applicants for quality assessment.
• Basic knowledge of the Financial Institutions Act and Companies Act.
• Working knowledge of the local financial legislative and regulatory requirements.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Time management
• Analytical skills
• Team player
• Negotiation skills
• Integrity and honesty
• Sales Driven
How to Apply
Applications (including names of three referees) accompanied by certified copies of relevant certificates should be emailed to [email protected]/ or to [email protected] or hand delivered to:
Mafike House, 1st Floor
The closing date for submission of applications is 26th June, 2020.
DISCLAIMER: ONLY SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED