African German Young Leaders in Business (AGYLE) connects young African and German leaders from business, politics and the media to establish a long-term business network and to develop innovative business models. The goal of AGYLE is to strengthen the African-German dialogue and to lay the foundation for cross-border economic cooperation.
AGYLE builds a bridge between young African and German leaders and establishes a sustainable business network. A jury selects forty participants from Germany and African countries. All young leaders are then invited to an event lasting several days, where they jointly develop innovative business models, network and, together with the Young Leaders of previous years, form a sustainable business network that connects both continents.
In 2022, the young leaders dealt with the topic of green innovation and climate change; in 2023, the focus of AGYLE will be digital transformation.
AGYLE is a programme of the Agency for Business & Economic Development (AWE) and Germany – Land of Ideas. AWE is funded by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and supported by GIZ and DEG Impulse.
Are you a young leader
- up to 40 years of age
- from the fields of business, politics, media or civil society
- from Germany, Ghana, Rwanda, Senegal, Tunisia
- who has already taken on professional leadership responsibility
- who is socially engaged in addition to her/his professional activities
- who is interested in African-German topics – previous experience, already existing cooperations or projects in Africa are not necessary
- who is willing to actively participate in the Young Leaders Alumni network
- Exclusive access to an international business network and new, long-term corporate contacts and business relationships
- All selected participants will be invited to the AGYLE Week, which will take place from 10 – 16 September 2023 in Berlin
- Development of innovative ideas and new business models
- Professional and interdisciplinary collaboration at eye-level with experts, mentors, participants
- Exchange of experience with other young leaders from participating countries
- Positioning as a representative of the home country
- Support in international positioning as a young leader and promotion of career development
- Cultural insights into the participating countries
AGYLE-Week and Business Networking
All young leaders are invited to join the AGYLE week, which focusses on interdisciplinary exchange and networking, professional motivation and cross-border cooperation to develop innovative business models. In addition, all participants are introduced to an exclusive digital business network where they can further connect with each other as well as take part in digital formats on various key topics throughout the year.
Design Thinking Lab
The heart of the programme is a design thinking lab, in which mixed teams develop and refine selected ideas and business models. A jury will award a prize for the most innovative and promising idea at the final event. The week will be rounded off by discussion rounds, keynote speeches, bar camps, company tours and cultural activities.
Submit the following documents
- In addition to a letter of motivation, a letter of recommendation and a CV, participants must also submit a short personal video statement. A jury will review all submitted documents after the official application deadline.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the African German Young Leaders in Business (AGYLE) Programme 2023