AMP seeks to appoint a Senior Social Worker, to be based in Cape Town.
Start date:1st May or sooner if possible
Report to: The Director
- Provide all levels of Social Work Services to vulnerable refugees and asylum seekers
- Oversee and effectively manage the social services programme and team of social workers at Adonis Musati Project
- Technical and administrative supervision of Programme implementation, including budget reporting, monitoring and evaluation
- Regular report writing for donors and funders and submission within timeframe
- Oversee administration, case work and service provision to client group
- In coordination and consultation with the other programme managers, develop and implement community interventions, advocacy and trainings
- Present reports at relevant panels
- Coordinate and maintain networking relationships with various organisations in the Western Cape
- In conjunction with other relevant stakeholders including designated child protection organisations, initiate, refer, write reports and follow up on cases of refugee / asylum seeker children in need of protection and care, work in conjunction with other AMP social workers and counsellors to ensure the safety and protection of unaccompanied and/ or separated children and those most at risk.
- Current registration with SACSSP
- Minimum eight years’ social work experience in South Africa
- Management and organisational skills -minimum of three years working in a management position
- Ability to write reports, project plans, business plans, and business correspondence
- Networking and communications skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English, a second language would be advantageous
- Valid code B driver’s licence and vehicle
- Experience conducting training
- Familiarity with issues surrounding refugees and asylum seekers or other marginalised populations would be highly advantageous
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter clearly stating why you are suitable for the role to [email protected]
Do not apply for the post if you do not have the relevant requirements above.
AMP reserves the right not to fill the role if no suitable candidates are found within a round of applications.
For more about the Adonis Musati Project, refer to www.adonismusatiproject.org