Administrator Customs & APDP
Objective of the job:
Mercedes-Benz SA is looking for an administrator to administer the claim process for Component Export Production Incentives. This includes the preparation and calculation of claims; perform testing to avoid duplication of claims; to follow up with business stakeholders on any discrepancies; to ensure accuracy and on time submission. The administration of the SMD process for Component Export claims; ensuring external stakeholders provide information on time; follow up on outstanding information. Ensure claims and SMD is in line with ITAC regulations. Responsible for the preparation and payment of the quarterly NAAMSA report. Calculate and post Component export incentive entries at month end and support with reconciliation preparation. Assist with Audit and ITAC queries on CE claims. Responsible for ICS control testing, and documenting of all processes, as well as training stand-in personnel on own tasks to ensure business continuity. Ensure this is done in compliance to the Company’s Integrity Code. Stand-in for other APDP Administrators and Customs Administrator. Support also on Customs and Preferential origin topics.
- Administer CE claims process: Responsible for compilation and timely submission of Component Export claims, Responsible to provide sample documentation to external auditors and ITAC, and to analyse possible queries form auditors or ITAC. Ensure CE suppliers adhere to timelines for submission of Ceded certificates. Prepare and communicate weekly outstanding PCA report and follow up with CE department and suppliers. Manage Documents’ portal ensuring all documents are received. Ensure all CE export documents are filed on the central customs documents server.
- Administer CE SMD process: Maintain vehicle Component Export SMD master data in APDP system, Obtain Component Export SMD from the suppliers, checking for accuracy, running variance analysis and follow up on inconsistencies. This include systems maintenance on the SMD Supplier web portal to ensure that data is transferred correctly. Ensure all CE SMD documentation are filed on the central customs documents.
- Responsible for the calculation and posting of Component Export incentive entries, and for completing monthly CE incentive reconciliations.
- PCA, PRCC administration: Import PCAs received from ITAC. Import PRCCs received from ITAC. Check for discrepancies and follow up on queries. Prepare monthly PRCC reconciliation. Follow up on all long outstanding PCA and PRCC with ITAC.
- Responsible for preparation of quarterly NAAMSA report.
- Responsible for testing and reporting of ICS controls related to CE Incentives, SMD’s, PCA and PRCC administration, NAAMSA reporting and monthly activities.
- Responsible for documenting of APDP processes related to CE claim administration, SMD administration, PCA and PRCC administration, NAAMSA reporting and monthly activities. Ensure fellow team members and stand-in colleagues are trained on the relevant processes.
- Support with Customs and APDP projects and preparation of presentations for ExCom, BOD. Support with Calculations, Analysis and reporting of preferential origin indicators. Support on AIS claim administration, calculations, audits and any other ad-hoc and critical departmental topics.
Taking personal responsibility for learning and development through a process of assessment, reflection and actioning. This can include both on and/or off the job training. This also includes the sharing of learnings with team.
Knowledge of APDP Regulations
Knowledge of SAP
Verbal and Written communication
Financial & business acumen
Attention to detail
2-3 years’ experience in the accounting field (automotive industry an advantage).
Travel and Creditors’ experience will also be advantageous.
Mercedes-Benz South Africa is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered, however the following will apply:
- Foreign nationals must qualify for a work visa/permit as per the provisions of the Immigration Act 13, 2002.
- Division’s Employment Equity Plan in terms of the Employment Equity Act, No 58, 1998.
- Code of good practice on the employment of people with disabilities.
Only applications submitted online www.daimler.com/career will be considered. Applications sent by email WILL NOT be considered. Email address provided for query purposes only.
IMPORTANT: For an optimal selection process, please attach all relevant documents.
Closing date is 01 April 2019.
Primary Location : South Africa-Gauteng-Centurion
Work Locations : MBSA-Wierda Road, Zwartkop 123 Wierda Road Zwartkop, P.O Box 10829 Centurion 46