1. Mitigation of APK timetable risks
Prevent conflicting information in the Lecturing Timetables (LTTs) of the APK campus – i.e. CELCAT LTT Database vs Official Timetable Documents vs Integrator V4 (INT V4) LTT records and C/P/T Group setups – all to correspond 100%. Prevent conflicting information in the APK FSAO (exam) timetable (TT) – i.e. UJ FSAO TT Master file vs Official APK Timetable Document – too correspond 100%. Ensure the correct and timely implementation of UTC approved LTT changes. Ensure the timely publication of timetables. Ensure that LTT venue changes are communicated to relevant stakeholders – correctly and timeously.
2. Support Effective Teaching and Learning at APK via Timetable maintenance and publication
Annually prepare the next year’s Master APK Timetable document for publication through various data up- and downloads between the CELCAT and INT 4 PROD databases – including venue allocations as per timetable due dates and including vlookup data updates from the Master FSAO Timetable file. Master document to be finalised and published by late November of the current year. All records to be signed off by employee and the three TTD Supervisors. Update and correct class group codes and allocations – on INT 4 PROD and in Master Timetable Doc by making use of LSTIMER-2 & 3 – to be signed off by self and Supervisor: Timetables & Ad Hoc Bookings.
3. Permanent Venue Bookings at APK
Process and confirm all permanent venue bookings of lecture and assessment venues and Computer Labs for the APK Campus via the APK CELCAT LTT Database – correctly and on time.
4. Timetable publication
Data in the APK Master Timetable Document correct and updated versions (original/Excel and pdf format) sent to Line Manager daily (at peak times/after changes), or weekly (at non-peak times/when no changes) – for UJ Intranet and UJ Web publication.
- A Post Matric/Grade 12 three year Degree or Diploma (NQF Level 6 or higher)
- Three years of experience in timetabling at a tertiary education institution
- High level knowledge of and a minimum of two years’ experience in the use of the Adapt IT Integrator V3 (or higher) Class and/or Exam Timetable subsystem of the Student System
- Knowledge of and at least one year’s experience in the use of timetable scheduling software, such as CELCAT or Syllabus Plus or similar
- Extensive experience in the use of the MS Office Suite – including Advanced level knowledge of MS Excel
Competencies and Behavioural Attributes:
- Good problem solving skills via logical analytical thinking
- The ability to consistently work accurately under pressure – with excellent attention to detail
- Good numerical skills
- Very good verbal and written communication skills
- Very good planning and organising skills, including time management
- Good Administrative skills
- A Post Matric/Grade 12 three year Degree or Diploma in an applicable field of study – preferably IT / Mathematics / Statistics related (NQF Level 6 or higher)
- High level knowledge of and three or more years’ experience in the use of the Adapt IT Integrator V4 (or higher) Class and Exam Timetable subsystems within the Student System
- Good knowledge of and more than one years’ experience in the use of the CELCAT Scheduling software
- Good knowledge of UJ Policies and Procedures pertaining to timetables; and to venue booking and venue hiring
Please note that the following contact details are for enquiries about JOB CONTENT and NOT for application purposes.
Enquiries regarding job content: Ms Martie Bester at (011) 559 4876 or Mr Nkhumeleni Marubini at ()11) 559 4876
Enquiries regarding remuneration and benefits: Mr Mandisa Malindisa at (011) 559 4097
LOGIN AND APPLY ONLINE AT http://jobs.uj.ac.za
To submit your application for the above-mentioned post, please register (first-time users of the UJ e-recruitment portal) or login (existing users of the UJ e-recruitment portal) by going to the website of the UJ e-recruitment portal (http://jobs.uj.ac.za) and uploading a detailed Curriculum Vitae as well as the names and full contact details (including telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three traceable and credible referees. Please also attach the following: a copy of your highest academic qualification, proof of registration with professional bodies you might belong to and a list of accredited research output and/ or a portfolio of your creative output.
Enquiries (UJ e-recruitment Portal)
If you have general enquiries regarding the advertised post, please send an e-mail with the subject line being the reference number of the post to [email protected]
If you require technical support / assistance on the UJ e-recruitment website, please contact our service provider PNET on the following contact details:
0861 227337/010 140 3099 or email [email protected]
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.
In conjunction with merit on the basis of qualifications, experience and proven achievements, the University of Johannesburg is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities and those individuals from the historically disadvantaged groups. As necessitated by operational requirements the University reserves the right not to make an appointment to positions advertised. If you have not received a response from the University within 21 weeks of the closing date, you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful.