Pro-actively manage the administration of employee benefit programs including pension/provident fund, leave, tuition fees, medical aid (including post-retirement), long service awards, retirements, disabilities and death claims. To render a specialised service to effectively assist UJ employees and to provide management with relevant information to inform their decision-making.
The responsibilities of the incumbent include, but are not limited to, the following:
UJ Pension/Provident Fund
- Assume responsibility for all aspects of UJ pension and provident fund administration.
- Provide advice to UJ employees and line managers regarding UJ retirement policies and procedures.
- Maintain professional relationships with Pension and Provident Fund Administrators.
- Provide guidance to employees, Employee Relations Officers and Line Managers regarding Pension/Provident Fund policies and procedures to the benefit of both the employee and the employer.
- Provide advice on historical retirement benefits, early retirement, medical pension, penalties, etc.
Retirements/Deaths/Disability and Funeral Claims
- Manage and administer all retirements, death, funeral and disability claims.
- Provide guidance to Business Partners, Employees, Executants and Financial Advisors regarding policies and procedures to the benefit of the employee.
- Consult with employees and briefed families.
- Assist with management of post-retirement medical aid benefits administration.
- Resolve specialised queries within reasonable turnaround times.
Employee Study Benefits
- Coordinate and oversee tuition reimbursement program.
- Provide guidance to employees and Line Managers regarding study benefits policies and procedures to the benefit of both the employee and the employer.
- Advise employees and line managers regarding the policy, criteria and procedures regarding UJ study benefits.
- Ensure correct capturing of Study Benefits Financial information on the Oracle system.
- Assume responsibility for all aspects pertaining to leave administration.
- Assist with audits and enquiries regarding leave, such as historical and sabbatical leave.
- Ensure that all leave encashment requests are captured correctly adn inform management thereof to aid their decision making in terms of budgetary planning.
- Provide guidance to HR Business Partners, Call Centre, Employees, Employees Relations Office and Line Managers regarding leave policies and procedures to the benefit of both the employee and the employer.
- Compile quarterly reports to establish leave trends that might occur to ensure that there is no misuse of the leave policy.
- Resolve specialised queries within reasonable turn-around times.
- Ensure and facilitate the processing of employee long service awards benefit payments.
- Advise employees and line managers regarding the policy, criteria and procedures regarding UJ long service awards benefits.
- Participate as a team member of the Annual Long Service Award Function team.
Policies and Procedures
- Assist line to update and enhance benefits related policies and procedures, systems and forms.
- Ensure compliance to all University HR policies and legislation.
Benefits Training Sessions
- Provide training to HR generalists regarding employee benefits.
- Coordinate and conduct job evaluation sessions in consultation with the Senior Manager: Benefits & Remuneration.
- Act as a qualified job evaluator.
Risk and Compliance
- Ensure integrity of data and making it accessible to colleagues to assist them in performing their work.
- Provide advice on all benefits items and possible policy adjustments.
- Ensure monthly risk item registers are compiled and maintained.
- Escalate all risk issues that cannot be resolved within two weeks.
- Assist with salary offers, as and when required.
- Assist with annual salary adjustment and academic promotions process.
- Assist with reports.
- Relevant NQF 6 qualification.
- 6 years experience in Benefits Administration in a tertiary education institution.
- Knowledge of UJ policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the retirement/provident fund rules.
- Knowledge of the retirement fund history.
- Knowledge of the leave benefit history.
- Knowledge of the pension fund legislation.
- Knowledge of he medical aid benefit history.
- Knowledge of the academic and non-academic structures (self-service).
- Knowledge of Oracle system.
- Knowledge of the benefits administration systems e.g. AF Online and NBC.
- Knowledge of PwC Remeasure.
Competencies and Behavioural Attributes:
- Ability to inerface with all levels.
- Advanced computer literacy (MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Oracle)
- High interpersonal skills (empathetic, supportive, trustworthy).
- High verbal and written communication skills.
- High analytical skills.
- Systematic person who is a qualified job grader.
- An initiative person who is proactive.
- Must have training and development skills.
- Must be persuasive and influential.
- Must be accurate and be able to perform under pressure, independently and in a team.
Enquiries regarding job content: Ms Betsie Jordaan at (011) 559 2606
Enquiries regarding remuneration and benefits: Ms Lungiswa Mabalane (011) 559-4108 (Acting HR Business Partner)
LOGIN AND APPLY ONLINE AT http://jobs.uj.ac.za
Your application, comprising of a detailed Curriculum Vitae as well as the names and full contact details (including telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three traceable and credible referees must be uploaded before or on the closing date of the advertised post. Please also attach the following: a copy of your highest academic qualification, proof of registration with professional bodies you might belong to and if applying for an academic position, a list of accredited research output and/ or a portfolio of your creative output.
Enquiries (UJ e-recruitment Portal)
If you have general enquiries regarding the advertised post, please send an e-mail with the subject line being the reference number of the post to [email protected]
If you require technical support / assistance on the UJ e-recruitment website, please contact our service provider PNET on the following contact details: 0861 227337/010 140 3099 or email [email protected]
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.
In conjunction to merit on the basis of qualifications, experience and proven achievements the University of Johannesburg is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities and those individuals from the historically disadvantaged groups. As necessitated by operational requirements the University reserves the right not to make an appointment to positions advertised. If you have not received a response from the University within 8 weeks of the closing date, you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful.