Catholic Relief Services is currently recruiting for an Administration Officer – Community Engagement for Integrated Catchment Management in Maseru, Lesotho:
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners, people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. “Support to Integrated Catchment Management in Lesotho” is a multi-donor action funded by the European Union and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development in support of the Government of Lesotho and SADC, implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. CRS will contribute to this program through a grant to engage with civil society and grassroots communities to advance the ICM movement in Lesotho.
As Administration Officer of the CRS-implemented “Community Engagement for Integrated Catchment Management in Lesotho” project, you will coordinate the provision of responsive, effective, and efficient administrative services in support of CRS project activities within the grant agreement between CRS and GIZ. You will help ensure stewardship of resources and a high-quality service approach are integrated into administrative systems, policies, and procedures.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and report on activities and required resources to ensure cost efficient and quality service delivery from administrative support functions.
- Help ensure administrative systems, processes, and policies are in line with agency standards and donor and local law regulations.
- Engage with relevant external stakeholders (government officials, landlords, service providers, etc.) on assigned administrative matters and help ensure required authorizations and documents are up-to-date.
- Coordinate the efficient use of CP assets and rented facilities.
- Ensure the timely handling and payment of all Thessaloniki Office related expenses
- Manage all apartment related bureaucracy including the payment of rents, common bills and utilities.
- High School diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or relevant field preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in administrative support functions, with increasing responsibility. Experience with a local or international NGO a plus.
Required Languages – Proficiency in Sesotho and English
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good planning, organizational and time management skills
- Strong customer service orientation with very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ethical conduct and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
- Additional education may substitute for some experience.
- Experience and proficient skills in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems.
Please note that the position is only open to applicants who are Citizens of Lesotho. Interested Basotho candidates should submit their CV and cover letter indicating salary expectations, no later than 13th March 2020 at 17:00 by email to [email protected] with the subject line: ADMINISTRATION OFFICER CRS LS. If the subject line does not indicate the position, the applicant will not be considered. HARD COPY APPLICATIONS NOT ACCEPTED. ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Please be advised that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, all successful candidates will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and their personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate their behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.