What is the primary purpose of this role? How does it contribute to the achievement of overall business objectives?
- To take specific responsibility for administration within one function and may in addition have Executive Assistant duties.
What are the primary responsibilities and accountabilities of this role?
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Carrying out administrative duties to meet departmental needs.
- Organizing workload to comply with deadlines and priorities.
- Providing administrative services for departmental projects.
- Performing advanced administrative duties such as working with suppliers, originating reports, composing correspondence, updating manuals, maintaining logs, and maintaining and updating department files.
- Liaising with other departments, specifically accounts in relation to producing and checking invoices, banking, and purchase orders.
- Some executive assistant duties, including: managing calendars, travel, expenses and mail.
- May use a variety of computer databases and applications.
- The role may also perform any other departmental administrative duties/tasks as requested to support the needs of a function.
Scope & Impact
Size, nature and complexity of work. Budgetary accountability. Degree of influence.
- Under close supervision performs complex administrative duties related to the department function.
- Some roles include complex secretarial duties.
- Scope of the role may be global as jobholder may interact with global staff.
- The role requires the knowledge of departmental policy and procedure.
Knowledge & Skill
Level of knowledge and application of skills.
- Use of Microsoft Applications
- Basic Awareness: Presentation packages
- Working Knowledge: Business Writing, Data Input, Reception Skills
- Fully Competent: Computer Literacy, Telephone Proficiency
- Expert: General Office Procedures, Compliance, Problem Solving
Relationships: Internal / External
What are the important relationships that strongly influence success? How critical is the customer relationship?
- Primary contacts with department members and internal/external customers of the department.
- Vendors, agencies, institutions and consultants specific to that business area.
The Financial and Risk Business of Thomson Reuters is now Refinitiv. Refinitiv equips the financial community with access to an open platform that uncovers opportunity and catalyzes change. With a dynamic combination of data, insights, technology, and news from Reuters, our customers can access solutions for every challenge, including a breadth of applications, tools, and content—all supported by human expertise. At Refinitiv, we facilitate the connections that propel people and organizations to find new possibilities to move forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. Therefore we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.