BASF’s regional division EMEA Europe, Middle East, Emerging Europe and Africa. BASF operates in more than 50 countries in the region. For BASF the EMEA region is our most important market.
What you can expect
- The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring timeous payment of vendors within the agreed payment terms. Operational duties will include the following:
- High volume processing of supplier invoices using SAP.
- Performing vendor recons and ensuring all items are cleared timeously.
- Ensure that all invoices received are valid, i.e relevant approvals, correct company details, vat number, amount and currency.
- Collate and match the orders, invoices, to the statement.
- Ensuring the posting to the correct vendor account preparation of the payments and vendor. reconciliations and timeously submit while complying with all BASF guidelines.
- Provide monthly reporting on payments due and resolve queries outstanding queries.
- Strict adherance to policies and procedures and adapatability to changes.
What we expect
- Matric certificate.
- 3-year Finance qualification will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2-3 years in Accounts Payables/ Creditors position is required.
- Highly organised and must be able to work, think and act independently. High level of attention to detail. Advanced computer literacy in Ms Excel is required while experience in SAP is preferred.
- The candidate must have good interpersonal skills in order to foster relations with both suppliers and internal business partners
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and on-the-job training as part of a committed team. Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
BASF is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity & the principles of employment equity.
Closing date for applications: 23 July 2019